From Head to Toe (1997)

by Eric Carle

Encourages the reader to exercise by following the movements of various animals; presented in a question and answer format.

English (113)  Spanish (1)  All languages (114)
Awesome book to get young child interested in reading with movements incorporated on every page. ( )
  DWagz32 | May 7, 2020 |
From Head to Toe by Eric Carle allows readers to feel and build self-confidence raise self-awareness. This book can be interactive as it encourages students to move.

I liked this book because it is predictable text. Eric Carle uses the repetition of “I can do it!” to convey a positive message. The illustrations in the book are bright, colorful, engaging, and emphasized because of the use of a white background. I also liked this book because it can be interactive and used as a kinesthetic brain break for students. This is because Carle writes, “Can you do it?” I also liked this book because the different characters are animals that students can become familiar with. I disliked this book because not every person “can do” what is asked in the book. For example, students who may have disabilities may not be able to relate or participate when reading From Head to Toe. ( )
  ryun2 | Mar 20, 2020 |
active storytelling
  BCMBooks | Mar 16, 2020 |
Summary: Another work by Eric Carle (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) that teaches with fun illustrations! It takes you through several different animal species and amazing physical feats that they can do while challenging the reader to see if they can do it too!

Review: I LOVE this book for toddler storytimes! Eric Carle is always a big hit, but this one gets wiggly little ones moving! It is an interactive book that is a simple story that can be used to introduce animals or movements. ( )
  leeport | Feb 20, 2020 |
Extra awesome Eric Carle. Pictures of animals doing some physical activity, with a picture of a kid doing the analog: "Can you bend your neck like a giraffe?" Kids love it, and it encourages the adult reader to join in too. My 16mo loves to get on the floor & kick her legs, wiggle her toes, stomp her feet. A diversity of kids -- boys and girls -- are shown, so points there too. ( )
  adaq | Dec 25, 2019 |
This is a great resource when teaching a lesson about the human body and movement. Great way to engage students.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Dedicated to:

Miss Frickey, my first grade teacher in Syracuse, New York, who discovered and nurtured my drawing pictures.
Herr Krauss, my art teacher in Gymnasium, high school, in Stuttgart, Germany, who introduced me to modern art when it was forbidden to be shown.
Professor Schneidler, who inspired me when I studied graphic design under him at the Akademie der Bildenden Künste, Stuttgart.
I am a penguin and I turn my head. Can you do it?

I can do it!

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,208,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible