Hamilton: The Revolution

by Lin-Manuel Miranda (Composer), Jeremy McCarter (Author)

Offers a behind-the-scenes view of Hamilton the musical, detailing the many dramatic episodes in Alexander Hamilton's life.

I've read this physically but let me tell you, the audiobook is whole different experience! ( )
  managedbybooks | May 3, 2022 |
It's just so wonderful. I'd read the first 20 or so pages when I first bought it, but other books kept getting in the way and I'd read one essay or one annotated song during the occasional meal over the past couple of months. Blitzed through the last 100 pages in one sitting. The annotations, the photos, the essays in between the lyrics...I loved every minute. ( )
  ms_rowse | Jan 1, 2022 |
I bought this book as a present to my wife, but on an ice-storm February day when the house was without power, I spent all the daylight hours reading it myself. Not only does it contain the complete lyrics, with all the quips and references that go by too quickly for comprehension during a performance, but it's full of terrific photos from on and off stage, as well as in-depth essays and commentaries about every aspect of the production. You end up learning a great deal about what goes into the creation of a major Broadway musical, and get to know many people, many of whom had crucial roles behind the scenes and have wonderful personalities out of the spotlight. I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed Hamilton enough to see it more than once, and particularly to those who were never able to see it on stage. ( )
  john.cooper | Nov 26, 2021 |
Provides some insight and context into the creative process and the lives of the people that made the show happen, but sometimes felt tonally like it was less biographical and more one large advertisement. Reading Lin-Manuel's annotated score was an awesome treat, though. ( )
  MCBacon | Aug 2, 2021 |
I'd give this book more stars if I could. ( )
  jsabrina | Jul 13, 2021 |

Miranda, Lin-ManuelComposerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCarter, JeremyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hargitay, MariskaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sebastian and Sloane, who will come of age with our young nation. —L.M.M. & J.M.
Lin could see President Obama, but President Obama couldn't see Lin.
Libretto

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,805,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible