Biba's Taste of Italy: Recipes from the Homes, Trattorie and Restaurants of Emilia-Romagna

by Biba Caggiano

Contains over 250 recipes from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, covering courses from antipasti to desserts; and includes tips on ingredients, basic sauces, and pasta-making.

Garganelli with sausage sauce (Garganelli con il sugo di salsiccia), p140, used penne, good but the tomato paste dominated. Reduce to 4 Tbs tomato paste and 2 c chicken broth.
  DromJohn | Dec 22, 2019 |
This book is full of the author's memories and experiences of eating in and around Emilia-Romagna. Biba does a good job of explaining the ingredients and procedures for the recipes. Many of them sound fairly simple, with good ingredients that most people have access to. A few of the ingredients would be hard to find in parts of America, and I do wish she had included some mail order or online resources in the book. I found some of the recipes to be repetitive, I think it could have works to simply included variations at the end of the recipe. I made the squash gnocchi recipe, and though I have never made gnocchi before, with the instructions, it turned out very well. ( )
  MrsLee | Sep 6, 2010 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,956,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible