How People Grow: What the Bible Reveals About Personal Growth

by Henry Cloud, John Sims Townsend

Christian Nonfiction. Religion & Spirituality. Self-Improvement. Nonfiction. HTML:

How People Grow reveals why all growth is spiritual growth and how you can grow in ways you never thought possible.

Our desire to grow runs deep. Yet the issues in our lives and relationships that we wish would change often stay the same, even with our best efforts at spiritual growth. What does it take to experience increasing strength and depth in our spiritual walk, our marriages and family lives and friendships, our personal developmentā??in everything life is about? And how can we help others move into growth that is profound and lasting?

Unpacking the practical and passionate theology that forms the backbone of their counseling, Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend shatter popular misconceptions about how God operates to reveal how growth really happens.

You'll discover:

• What the essential processes are that make people grow.
  • How those processes fit into a biblical understanding of spiritual growth and theology.
  • How spiritual growth and real-life issues are one and the same.
  • What the responsibilities are of pastors, counselors, and others who assist people in growing
  • What your own responsibilities are in your personal growth.
  • Shining focused light on the great doctrines and themes of Christianity, How People Grow helps you understand the Bible in a way that will help you head with confidence down the high road of growth in Christ.

Workbook also available.… (more)

I love this book. I used this book as a guideline when working in the addiction field as a counselor.

It's simple to read, as it gave me entry points on how to open up dialogue with my clients and better understand them. I could turn to whatever section i wanted to by looking at the index to be able to find something that would break the ice to get my clients to open up to me. It made me a better counselor and opened my mind up to helping other people better.

I love it! ( )
      BrianKidd | Feb 2, 2014 |

Henry Cloudprimary authorall editionscalculated
    Townsend, John Simsmain authorall editionsconfirmed

You'll discover:

What the essential processes are that make people grow. How those processes fit into a biblical understanding of spiritual growth and theology. How spiritual growth and real-life issues are one and the same. What the responsibilities are of pastors, counselors, and others who assist people in growing What your own responsibilities are in your personal growth.

Workbook also available.

Current Discussions

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,755,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible