Boy-Crazy Stacey by Ann M. Martin

Boy-Crazy Stacey

by Ann M. Martin

This would be a good book to start discussions between mothers and daughters about boys and boyfriends. ( )
  teeney | Mar 14, 2014 |
Now was exactly the right time to read this BSC book seeing as there's a change of location and Stacey & Mary-Anne are off to a beach town to babysit eight kids for two weeks. Stacey's infatuation with everything that moves reminded me of myself at that age and I loved the growing friendship between the two girls. One of the best books of the series so far. ( )
  RubyScarlett | Nov 11, 2013 |
In the Baby-Sitters Club series, summer is still raging, and Mary Ann and Stacey are heading to the job they received in the last book, to be Mother's Helpers to the Pike family on their summer vacation. They are staying in a beach house in Sea City. The girls are excited for the trip for a variety of reasons, but Stacey finds one more when she arrives: cute lifeguards. She falls in love with Scott, who is eighteen and appreciates the attention of many beach girls. Stacey can't see what Mary Ann clearly tells her, that Scott is just using her and not going to be interested in a such a young girl. Stacey doesn't believe her, and knows that Mary Ann is irritated because Stacey is leaving a lot of the work with her, but she can't stop herself. She is in luv.

The story of course addresses her infatuation, as Stacey eventually sees the light and then discovers a boy closer to her age who likes her back. It also evokes happy feelings of summer vacation. I remember when I was a kid, and summer vacation was the most important thing in the world. Witnessing the joy of the Pike children, and the excitement of the babysitters, made me long a bit for those days. As is typical with this series, childhood concerns are dominant, and matters of friendship and family are the main themes, along with love; at least, love as far as a preteen girl conceives it. This book was a light and fun read. Since I am a married adult, those feelings of puppy love and infatuation are far removed, and so the book did not move me as much as others that dealt with sickness or mixed families or change. I do see how it would definitely appeal to a young girl, and I still enjoyed the quick reading. ( )
  nmhale | Nov 3, 2012 |
This is such a great classic series! This timeless set of books brings children (mostly females) in to the world of a group of babysitting friends. The girls deal with real life issues like divorce and boys. This book is great for children in fourth grade and up because of its more mature themes sometimes. This series introduces children to a world that is a lot like the world they will encounter outside of school but sugar-coated enough to provide them with entertaining reading. This book would be great in the classroom to:
-introduce children to books in a series
-allow children to read during free time
-inspire children to write
-have children think about the different themes and relate to their lives
-show children how reading can be fun
  justkaye | Dec 4, 2011 |

Spending two weeks at the New Jersey shore as mother's helpers, Mary Anne objects when Stacey neglects her babysitting duties after falling in love with Scott the lifeguard.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,542,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible