Catwatching by Desmond Morris

Catwatching (1986)

by Desmond Morris

Recently added byDvdvnr, Sarie_Fae, private library, isyxan, emglider, Jordi_Camps, Barcudi, nbertelson, tonisq, happyvalley
Legacy LibrariesRobert Ranke Graves

Not a big book, but a gem of a book filled with information you don't see elsewhere. Even I learned things from this book, despite having a zoology degree of my own, and having lived in close proximity to my cat for the last decade. This book will renew your appreciation of what wonderful creatures cats are, and you will probably find yourself watching them even more closely. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jun 19, 2018 |
What we can learn about and from our feline friends and their ancestors. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
Fascinating, well written, and convincing. My only complaint about this wonderful book about domestic cats is that it's so brief. ( )
  giovannigf | Oct 31, 2012 |
A must reference guide for all cat owners from the world-renowned zoologist & ethologist.
  Peggy72 | Aug 5, 2009 |
I was expecting more from this book. There were a few relivant tid-bits here, but I found it pretty light on usable information. ( )
  izze.t | May 15, 2008 |

Desmond Morrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lahti, TuulikkiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Introduction: The domestic cat is a contradiction.

Dit boek is gebaseerd op 'Waarom spinnen katten' (a.i. 94-25-112-6) en 'Poezig' (a.i. 89-21-120-0). Dezelfde vragen met antwoorden over het gedrag en uiterlijk van de kat zijn opgenomen, met één verschil dat vele kleurenfoto's met expressieve houdingen van katten zijn toegevoegd. Het boek bevat geen register, maar men kan de onderwerpen/vragen goed vinden via de inhoudsopgave. Het geheel is toegankelijk geschreven en van nut voor alle kattenbezitters. Door de vele foto's is het ook een kijkboek geworden. Omslag: Zwarte ondergrond met foto van aandoenlijk kijkende kat.

A cat book unlike any other: a fresh, fact-filled look at their affections, their aggressions, and their life cycles. Morris explains your cat's most curious habits. Companion volume to Dogwatching. Line art throughout.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:03 -0400)

"Why cats purr and everything else you ever wanted to know"--Jacket subtitle.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible