The Breakdown by B A Paris

The Breakdown

by B A Paris

"Named One of the Most Anticipated Thriller Novels Of 2017 by Bustle! THE NEW CHILLING, PROPULSIVE NOVEL FROM THE AUTHOR OF THE INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. If you can't trust yourself, who can you trust? Cass is having a hard time since the night she saw the car in the woods, on the winding rural road, in the middle of a downpour, with the woman sitting inside--the woman who was killed. She's been trying to put the crime out of her mind; what could she have done, really? It's a dangerous road to be on in the middle of a storm. Her husband would be furious if he knew she'd broken her promise not to take that shortcut home. And she probably would only have been hurt herself if she'd stopped. But since then, she's been forgetting every little thing: where she left the car, if she took her pills, the alarm code, why she ordered a pram when she doesn't have a baby. The only thing she can't forget is that woman, the woman she might have saved, and the terrible nagging guilt. Or the silent calls she's receiving, or the feeling that someone's watching her... You won't be able to put down B. A. Paris's The Breakdown, the next chilling, propulsive novel from the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Behind Closed Doors"--… (more)
    A Noise Downstairs: A Novel by Linwood Barclay (tim_mo)
    tim_mo: Essentially the same premise.

English (94)  Italian (1)  All languages (95)
I really enjoyed this book even though the protagonist irritated me until about the 60% mark
I thought the build up to the end and the ending was very well done ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
I really liked this book. Kinda knew where it was going but I enjoyed the read. ( )
  jjnaaucoin | Dec 28, 2019 |
Quick little thriller. Cass doesn't stop to help and because of this she can't forgive herself for what happens. After this little by little she starts going out of her mind. Does she have dementia, does she have a stalker, is she having a breakdown? ( )
  bookswithmom | Dec 18, 2019 |
This is by far my favorite book I've read this year. The build up of suspense was incredible and the characters were so well written and described. The setting of the dark, lonely forest was good and really led to the overall creepiness of the book. I'm looking forward to checking out more by this author and am adding this book to my favorites shelf. ( )
  BookishHooker | Dec 16, 2019 |
WOW!! This story was intense. I started this one yesterday and read way into the night because I could not stop reading. The story pulled me in immediately and kept my attention the whole way through. I did not figure out who the killer was until the reveal. This was a well written well crafted tale. I will definitely read more from this author! ( )
  Thelmajean | Nov 9, 2019 |
Als je jezelf al niet kunt vertrouwen, wie dan wel?
Voor mijn ouders
De donder barst los op het moment dan we mer de zomervakantie in het vooruitzicht afscheid van elkaar nemen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,637,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible