Sundiver by David Brin

Sundiver (1980)

by David Brin

Series: Uplift Saga (1), First Uplift Trilogy (1)

Nimrod Hunt by Charles Sheffield (lesvrolyk)
    lesvrolyk: Tons of cool aliens!
    Ringworld by Larry Niven (LamontCranston)
    LamontCranston: Space Opera, updated. Strange mystery, assemble a crew of lively characters, go explore it. Sound familiar?
    Babel-17 by Samuel R. Delany (LamontCranston)
    The Algebraist by Iain M. Banks (LamontCranston)

English (40)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  All (43)
Primul volum din trilogia Razboiul elitelor.

Premiul Nebula, Premiul Locus

"O lectură extrem de provocatoare, în care cititori găsesc totul, de la acțiune care te ține cu sufletul la gură la secvențe rafinate, de o liniștită intimitate. Citind, ne întoarcem ori de câte ori ne invită autorul, până când povestea ia sfârșit."
Locus

"Nicio specie din întregul univers, poate cu excepția omului, n-a ajuns la stele fără a fi călăuzită de un ocrotitor. Oare o rasă misterioasă a început înălțarea omenirii într-un timp imemorial? Dacă este așa, de ce ne-a abandonat? De jur împrejurul Soarelui, prin cavernele de pe Mercur, exploratorii pregătesc cea mai spectaculoasă călătorie din istoria noastră. O călătorie în infernul fierbinte al Soarelui... în căutarea destinului nostru în plan cosmic. O serie minunată."
Science Fiction Times
  thebblack | Jun 23, 2017 |
Read as part of Uplift: The Complete Trilogy. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
This first novel in what became a six book series works as a stand alone novel of discovery and suspense, both scientific and political. I've often wondered whether Brin already had the arc of the series in mind when he wrote this one. ( )
  nmele | Jun 16, 2017 |
I'm not sure why I didn't like this book more. The concept is great and the world felt well built up with many different characters.
I guess the main plot with the mission to the sun is not that interesting to me. I felt that this could have been a really great story if the mission was something that fascinated me more. ( )
  sofiabuh | Oct 2, 2016 |
The story was interesting, but I am cutting down on my collection and something has to go out.
  librisissimo | May 28, 2016 |

David Brinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Burns, JimCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
... it is reasonable to hope that in the not too distant future we shall be competent to understand so simple a thing as a star. - A. S. Eddington, 1926
To my brothers Dan and Stan, to Arglebargle the IVth . . . and to somebody else.
"Makakai, are you ready?"
"Once a caveman, always a caveman, ejh LaRoque? Men get all the way to the sun, and they build a fire to stay warm!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553269828, Mass Market Paperback)

No species has ever reached for the stars without the guidance of a patron--except perhaps mankind. Did some mysterious race begin the uplift of humanity aeons ago? Circling the sun, under the caverns of Mercury, Expedition Sundiver prepares for the most momentous voyage in history--a journey into the boiling inferno of the sun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:50 -0400)

Mankind encounters conflicts among the inhabitants of the universe, as brave individuals prepare to journey into the boiling inferno of the sun.

David Brin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,321,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible