Love, Stargirl (2007)

by Jerry Spinelli

Series: Stargirl (2)

Still moping months after being dumped by her Arizona boyfriend Leo, fifteen-year-old Stargirl, a home-schooled free spirit, writes "the world's longest letter" to Leo, describing her new life in Pennsylvania.
Recently added byMsStith, MadiLuxury, private library, Davisfam9, jkiner, WMHSLib, abner.hagen, arborschool, AgentAG

Amazing! Even better than expected. Stargirl has become one of my favourite literary characters and she reminds me very much of Luna Lovegood from "Harry Potter". Lovable, ethereal, extraordinary, kind and an old-soul: that's how I describe Stargirl.

_Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
If this weren't the sequel to one of the best pieces of writing in recent memory, I think this still would have been a great book. As it is, I was initially reluctant to give this book a chance. Now that I've bit the bullet so to speak, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was a nicely done book. And it ended well, though it was hard to read a book which made a character like Stargirl into a vulnerable when she had seemed so impervious to the opinions of others in the first book. Still, it wa a good book. I enjoyed it. ( )
  matthewbloome | Jun 20, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
For an innocent high school misplaced love story this is fine. 16 year old Stargirl has moved away from her ex-boyfriend in Arizona and hangs out with a 6yo, an 11yo, and an agoraphobic old woman, but she's just fine, really, and through the love letter/journal to Leo we follow her from summer to winter, being herself. As the second book in a diptych I guess this is a spoiler for the first, from Leo's pov, but I only dipped into the beginning of that. ( )
  quondame | Aug 10, 2020 |
There are hints of excellence in this book. Unfortunately, they stay as hints. It's the characters on the fringe of the novel who captured my interest and imagination, from the tragically sad Charlie to the fearful Betty Lou. The protagonist, however, left me completely cold. I got that she was supposed to be a wonderfully ~different~ individual, but she just didn't come across like that to me. If anything, it was the collection of people around her that felt that way.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |

Jerry Spinelliprimary authorall editionscalculated
Steinhöfel, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Dear Leo,

Love, Stargirl is picking from Stargirl. This book will continue on Stargirl's life, there will be many other fun things happening in her life.In her writeing Stargirl mixes memories of her bittersweet time in Mica, Arizona, with involvements with new people in her life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,519,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible