Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness

Time's Convert

by Deborah Harkness

Another book to add to the world of All Souls! I’m so glad Deb Harkness “continued” the series a tad for her readers (because we just can’t get enough). While A Discovery of Witches will always be my favorites, followed closely by Shadow of Night, this book still brought in that perfect amount of history and science that I love so much and that had me doing a bit of side research as I read. (Events leading up to the French Revolution? Key people who helped push France over the brink to only have their heads cut off? Smallpox inoculations during the American Revolution? Why yes, I’d love to learn more!). It was so fun returning back to characters I love and learning more about their history. Such a fun read and definitely worth a pick up if you’ve read the trilogy and truly enjoyed it! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jan 7, 2019 |
This was not my favorite of Harkness' books. While I loved loved loved the 'back in time' flashback portions of Marcus' tale, I was not super-engaged by the present day story or by Phoebe & Marcus' relationship. And the ending felt very very trite/cliche to me. ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Dec 7, 2018 |
I love books that include history, it is like a mini history lesson. great story. ( )
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
I loved the All Souls Trilogy and this book was a great addition to the story. The world of witches and vampires is the basis of the story but I also feel it has a lot the characteristics of sold historical fiction. Marcus’s pre-vampire history was intriguing and seemed rooted in solid historical research. Phoebe’s adventures as a ‘baby’ vampire was fun and the two stories came together well into a satisfying, rather sweet love story. Overall this was a very enjoyable read. ( )
  hazel1123 | Dec 3, 2018 |
A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong,
gives it a superficial appearance of being right,
and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.
But the tumult soon subsides.
Time makes more converts than reason.

-Thomas Paine
12 MAY

On her last night as a warmblood, Phoebe Taylor had been a good daughter.

Deborah Harkness is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,805,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible