Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Three Doctors by Terrance Dicks

This is story of how the Time Lords got time travel and the consequences that came upon them. Three Doctors violate the laws of time and come together to save the universe and time itself. Short fun read with insights into the early history of the Doctor and the Time Lords. Definitely worth reading and buying. ( )
  Cataloger623 | Nov 8, 2014 |
This is one of the short Doctor Who books I picked up at the Gallifrey One Convention last weekend. I got this one signed by the author for my sister, so I wanted to read it before I passed it along to her.

As far as I know, most (if not all) of the Target-published classic Who books are based on episodes that aired. It was interesting starting with this book, since I have not actually seen any of the Classic Who episodes yet, but I still enjoyed reading this book. The 3 incarnations of the Doctor that make an appearance are all very distinct, and I really enjoyed the character of The Brigadier. Jo (the female companion), was routinely ignored and kind if useless, which is par for the course for the early Doctor Who stories.

I rated this book higher than I probably would have had it not been a Doctor Who book, simply because it's a fun piece of Who nostalgia.

This book (as well as the other Doctor Who books) are pretty short and therefore fast reads. But they are fun and fast-paced, with the Doctor's usual wit and quirks. I'm looking forward to reading the other books I got, as well as watching the classic series. ( )
  kaylaraeintheway | Mar 27, 2014 |
It's impossible for me to be objective in this review. This was the first DoctorWho book I ever bought, way back at they awn of the 80s. As such it's got a special resonance for me, something that's a direct line back to childhood. And for that alone it gets five stars. Add to that the memories of seeing it as part of the Five Faces season and this is one of my favourite stories as it means so much. It helps that it's a suitably mythic story, the Doctors reuniting to battle a Time Lord legend. It's all told in Terrance Dicks' deceptively straightforward style, bringing out the spirit of adventure that characterises the best of the show. It's my definition of comfort reading ( )
  JonArnold | Nov 29, 2013 |
So many Doctor who books - and so often badly written. I collected them all for a long time - but this is the only one that sticks in my memory. I loved it when I was 9 or 10. An insight into the time lords, and the first three Doctors with just the right amount of suspense. ( )
  sirfurboy | Apr 23, 2009 |

This is one of the novelisations that is so much better than the original that the TV version is a real disappointment - the stupid music, the lousy special effects, the clumsy resolution of the story all either absent or fixed on the printed page. It is not one of the great novelisations but it is nonetheless very enjoyable. ( )
  nwhyte | May 20, 2008 |
For an adventure that was to be one of the most astonishing of the Doctor's very long life, it all began very quietly.

Three incarnations of the Doctor unite to fight a black hole draining energy from the universe.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,496,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible