Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Daisy Jones & The Six (2019)

by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I knew it was over-hyped and concluded before I started that it wasn't the type of book I enjoy. It surprised me by creating realistic characters that relate to one another in a somewhat authentic manner. I'm glad I read it and will suggest it to those that enjoy "airport lit" and just want a easy, uncomplicated read. ( )
  Beth.Clarke | Jul 12, 2019 |
Now I understand all of the hype over this book. It will not doubt be in the top 5 for me this year. I have the physical book but after hearing everyone rave about the audio book I decided to listen as I read. I am so glad I did. I loved that they choose to have a full cast. It felt close to listening to an interview on a podcast. The hitch in a character's voice over a difficult subject or a sigh over a regret. So so good!

If you have not read this book yet, I urge you to move it to the top of your TBR list.

For more of my reviews, and author interviews, see my blog at www.thespineview.com ( )
  purpledog | Jul 12, 2019 |
I LOVED this book! I hesitated picking this one up, even though TJR is a favorite of mine, because of the format. The story is told in an interview format. But, honestly I can’t see it being portrayed any other way. It just fits so perfectly with this story. TJR is the only one who could make me care and tug at my heartstrings while writing in this format.

I loved the characters and how flawed they were. I loved the basis of this book, what inspired this story. This felt so real to me. It felt like the band was real and I wanted to be able to see them perform live. I can’t wait for the miniseries and the Aurora album to be released. Also, Penguin RandomHouse created a music playlist titled Daisy Jones & the Six on Spotify and it’s great!I loved how this story was open to interpretation for the reader throughout its entirety. No reader will get the exact same thing from this story and that’s genius and amazing.

As soon as I finished this book I realized how much it wrecked me. I wanted to know so much more about so many things, which because of spoilers I will refrain from mentioning. This book was so amazing and I loved it so much. I could literally talk about it for hours. It would be a great selection for a book club. I also HIGHLY recommend the audiobook. It is excellent! ( )
  knapier.librarian | Jul 8, 2019 |
I had no interest in this book ( )
  LASMIT | Jun 25, 2019 |
Fascinating novel about rock in the '70s and its aftermath on those involved. There is more than the Stevie Nicks doppleganger and a recount of the making of "Rumors". The multiple voice narration had smooth transitions. But the book seemed to take up too many pages; once the inevitable ending had been telegraphed, I kept waiting for things to wrap up. ( )
1 vote Perednia | Jun 20, 2019 |
To Bernard and Sally Hanes, an honest love story if ever there was one
Daisy Jones was born in 1951 and grew up in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles, California.

"Daisy is a girl coming of age in L.A. in the late sixties, sneaking into clubs on the Sunset Strip, sleeping with rock stars, and dreaming of singing at the Whisky a Go-Go. The sex and drugs are thrilling, but it's the rock and roll she loves most. By the time she's twenty, her voice is getting noticed, and she has the kind of heedless beauty that makes people do crazy things. Another band getting noticed is The Six, led by the brooding Billy Dunne. On the eve of their first tour, his girlfriend Camila finds out she's pregnant, and with the pressure of impending fatherhood and fame, Billy goes a little wild on the road. Daisy and Billy cross paths when a producer realizes the key to supercharged success is to put the two together. What happens next will become the stuff of legend. The making of that legend is chronicled in this riveting and unforgettable novel, written as an oral history of one of the biggest bands of the seventies. Taylor Jenkins Reid is a talented writer who takes her work to a new level with Daisy Jones & The Six, brilliantly capturing a place and time in an utterly distinctive voice"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,441,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible