There's an Alligator Under My Bed by Mercer…

There's an Alligator Under My Bed (1987)

by Mercer Mayer

As a young girl, I loved reading books by Mercer Mayer because they encouraged me to use my imagination. This book in particular is something so many kids can relate to-and its humorous! This book may seem like it could cause children to have nightmares, but the way the main character dealt with the alligator gives the reader a sense of comic relief. The illustrator did a fantastic job capturing the expressions of the characters in the book, which made it come to life even more. This book would be suitable for younger elementary school kids as it introduces them to beginner level literary aspects. ( )
  gharot1 | Feb 25, 2019 |
When my children were small we owned a similar book, There's a Nightmare in My Closet, but this one is good, too. The small boy in this tale has an alligator living under his bed, but when his parents check they never see it. How is he supposed to handle the situation? Told with funny illustrations. ( )
  fuzzi | Feb 24, 2019 |
This book was so cute! A little boy was having trouble sleeping because he had an alligator under his bed. He would call in his parents but they never saw it. The little boy planned a trap to get the alligator out from under his bed. He gathered food and put a trail of food to end in the garage. The alligator followed the trail to the garage and the boy felt safe and ready to sleep again. This is a good story for young ones who are afraid of the dark or the "boogie" man. ( )
  JennySkvarna | Nov 25, 2018 |
The kid in the story is frightened by an alligator under his bed; he gets his parents to the room, but they can not see it under the bed. The boy builds a plan after gaining the courage to get food from the kitchen to lure the animal to the garage. He succeeded in his plan but then worries about his dad finding the alligator in the morning before work. He leaves him a note and heads to bed. This story is for enjoyment or humor. It can teach students to be brave instead of afraid, it can also encourage them to solve their own problems. ( )
  mprochnow | Aug 24, 2018 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |

The alligator under his bed makes a boy's bedtime hazardous operation, until he lures it out of the house and into the garage.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,162,319 books! | Top bar: Always visible