L. A. Requiem (1999)

by Robert Crais

Series: Elvis Cole (8)

Private eye Elvis Cole and his partner investigate the murder of a woman who was once his partner's lover.

English (30)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
So good in every way! ( )
  MariaGreene | Jun 30, 2021 |
I liked how this book filled in some of Pike's history and helped you understand the main character better. Overall a good story line. ( )
  Jeff_Simms | Jun 9, 2021 |
IF YOU READ ONE CRAIS BOOK, THIS WOULD BE IT. I STILL RECOMMEND READING THEM IN ORDER, HOWEVER. YOU LEARN THE HISTORY OF JOE PIKE WITH GIRLFRIENDS ,THE POLICE, AND ELVIS COLE. THIS ALSO CONTINUES eLVIS WITH HIS GIRL FRIEND FROM lOUISIANA. ( )
  pgabj | Aug 22, 2019 |
I read this years ago, and just read it again. It's one of the very best in the Elvis Cole series. If you haven't tried Robert Crais, I heartily recommend this as a starting place. ( )
  cmt100 | Feb 3, 2018 |
A serial killer is stalking LA – or is it a hit man? Either way, Angelinos are being kept in the dark and five people have died. The fifth one is Karen Garcia, a former girlfriend of Joe Pike.

In this novel we learn the Joe Pike back-story as he moves from a caricature to a more fully fleshed out character. Pike is introduced in a series of flashbacks that are dispersed thought the story. This convention is somewhat irritating at first as the story is constantly interrupted to insert another several page long digression into Pike's history with Garcia, his service as a Los Angeles police officer, and the death of Pike's partner.

Eventually Pike is charged with the murder of the man suspected of killing Garcia and Cole and Pike work to find the actual murderer and bring him to justice. ( )
  Tatoosh | Aug 22, 2016 |
Do you know what love is?/(I would bleed out for you.) --Tattooed Beach Sluts

I've got the whole town under my thumb/and all I've gotta do is keep acting dumb//We say goodbye so very politely/Now say hello to the killer inside me. --MC 900 Ft. Jesus

Mama, Mama, can't you see/What the Marine Corps has done to me?/Made me lean and made me strong/Made me where I can do no wrong. --USMC marching cadence
For Ed Waters and Sid Ellis, who taught me more than words. "And dat's da' name o' dat tune."
Uniformed LAPD Officer Joe Pike could hear the banda music even with the engine idling, the a.c. jacked to meat locker, and the two-way crackling callout codes to other units.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,427,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible