And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry…

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street (1937)

by Dr. Seuss

I think this book is a great way in which children can let their imagination run wild. ( )
  DW_Acheronlover | Dec 13, 2018 |
Macro allows his imagination run wild as he travels home from school with an abundance of colorful creatures. ( )
  cms143 | Nov 20, 2018 |
I liked how imaginative the child in the story was. It encourages children to not be afraid to dream big. ( )
  mhowel5 | Sep 11, 2018 |
A story built on embellishment! While walking to school, a young boy sees a wagon pulled by a horse. This doesn't seem like an exciting story to tell his family, so he lets his imagination take over! His father told him to not make up stories, so ultimately he tells them he only saw a horse and a wagon. I've personally loved every book by Dr. Seuss. His stories are fun and engaging and the illustrations are lively. It also teaches children to let their imagination run wild but never alter the truth. ( )
  tmahlie | Feb 26, 2018 |
How a plain horse and wagon on Mulberry Street
Grows into a story that no one can beat

I love that ending part of the story and I've just learnt that this is the very first children's book of Dr. Seuss. We know that children have a creative imagination and I guess that this book set as a reminder also for adults, such as parents and teachers, to let kids enhance that skill. ( )
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |
For Helene McC. Mother of the One and Original Marco
When I leave home to walk to school, Dad always says to me, "Marco, keep your eyelids up and And see what you can see."

As little Marco describes the horse and wagon he saw on Mulberry Street, they are transformed into an elephant and a band wagon with a retinue of police. Ages 4-8.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394844947, Hardcover)

Marco is in a pickle. His father has instructed him to keep his eyes peeled for interesting sights on the way to and from school, but all Marco has seen is a boring old horse and wagon. Imagine if he had something more to report, say, a zebra pulling the wagon. Or better yet, the zebra could be pulling a blue and gold chariot. No, wait! Maybe it should be a reindeer in that harness. Marco's story grows ever more elaborate as he reasons that a reindeer would be happier pulling a sled, then that a really unusual sight would be an elephant with a ruby-bedecked rajah enthroned on top. "Say! That makes a story that no one can beat, / When I say that I saw it on Mulberry Street." Time and again, Marco tops himself until he is positively wound up with excitement and bursts into his home to tell his dad what he saw on Mulberry Street.

Pulitzer-prize winning Dr. Seuss needs no introduction. His ode to the imagination of a child is as fresh and exquisitely outlandish today as it was when first published in 1937. This is a classic that will never fade with age. (Ages 3 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:59 -0400)

A boy imagines a series of incredible sights on his way home from school so that he will have an interesting report to give his father.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,364,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible