The Grand Tour, or, The Purloined Coronation Regalia (2004)

by Patricia C. Wrede, Caroline Stevermer

Series: Sorcery and Cecelia (2)

In 1817, two English cousins take a honeymoon "Grand Tour of the Continent" with their new husbands and become entangled in a mysterious plot to create a magical Emperor of Europe.

hi
  Litrvixen | Jun 23, 2022 |
If you really, really loved Cecilia and Sorcery go ahead and read this. Otherwise, give it a pass.

Things that helped in the first book turn out to be problems in this one. When the girls are in different cities, the feeling that they are almost the same person connects the two halves of the story. When they are together, I kept stopping to remember who was married to whom. Oops. And so on. ( )
  wunder | Feb 3, 2022 |
A most excellently constructed jaunt. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Starts out slow, gets better in the second half. It's never as good as the first book in the series (Sorcery and Cecilia), though -- or perhaps I just prefer falling-in-love stories to honeymoon stories. ( )
  elenaj | Jul 31, 2020 |
Not quite as good as the first, but I still love it! ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |

Eismann, KellyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Elwell, TristanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Isaacs, PatriciaMap designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rayner, LucyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deepest gratitude to Chris Bell, Charlotte Boynton, Anna Feruglio Dal Dan, Diana Wynne Jones, Anna Mazzoldi, Delia Sherman, Sherwood Smith, and Eve Sweetser, who helped to catch the mistakes we made in this book. Any fresh errors are, of course, our own.
I suppose that if I were going to blame our involvement on anyone (which I see no reason to do), I would be compelled to say it was all Aunt Charlotte's fault.
I suppose somewhere, down deep inside, everyone has her own goat. We know it when we see it.

In 1817, two cousins take a honeymoon "Grand Tour of the Continent" with their new husbands and become entangled in a mysterious plot to create a magical Emperor of Europe. [Library of Congress summary]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,338,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible