Presumed Innocent (1987)

by Scott Turow

Series: Kindle County (1)

When Rusty Sabich, a prominent prosecutor for Kindle County, is tasked with a case involving his recently murdered lover, he knows his career may hang in the balance. However, when he becomes a suspect in the case, Rusty must prove his innocence before he can prove the real killer's guilt.
    Defending Jacob by William Landay (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Personal lives are in thrown into turmoil as connections to a murder threaten careers and family relationships. Despite their differences, these two legal thrillers both contain masterfully crafted characterizations and dialogue as well as emotional depth.… (more)
    Beyond Suspicion by James Grippando (amyblue)

English (64)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (66)
  archivomorero | Jun 27, 2022 |
Murder, sex, political corruption...and a midlife crisis gone wrong. A sad commentary about law, love, and the American justice system. ( )
  AngelaLam | Feb 8, 2022 |
A famous novel I had been meaning to read since long, Presumed Innocent didn't disappointment me. It is a complex, multi-layered murder-mystery cum court-room-drama that hooked me from the start to finish. Though I had some trouble with the meandering narration, especially that dealing with the narrator's thoughts and feelings, in the end, I felt the satisfaction of having read something good. ( )
  aravind_aar | Nov 21, 2021 |
This book was a huge bestseller when it came out in the late eighties and predates Grisham type thrillers. I have to say, I don't think it held up very well. I had to force myself to keep reading a few times.

I found myself more interested in noticing details like how much technology has changed since 87 then feeling I was invested or really cared about the characters. ( )
  auldhouse | Sep 30, 2021 |
This was good, but I'm pretty sure Turow could do better. It starts too slowly, for at least 100-200 pages, and it really needs a secondary plot line or character for a little spice. Turow is at his best describing the court scenes in the second half. Contrary to the blurb, the conclusion is hardly "shattering," but it works. ( )
  breic | Jul 30, 2021 |

Turow, Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pozanco, VíctorTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rambelli, RobertaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my mother
This is how I always start: "I am the prosecutor."

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446359866, 0446676446, 1607883767

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,946,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible