Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff

Danny and the Dinosaur (1958)

by Syd Hoff

x2
  hcarlson6218 | May 12, 2019 |
Danny sees a dinosaur in a museum and the dino abandons its post to play with Danny all day. Their adventures come to an end when the dino has to return to the museum. ( )
  JennyArch | Oct 17, 2018 |
“Danny and the Dinosaur” is by Syd Hoff. This book is about Danny. He goes to a museum and he sees a dinosaur. He likes the dinosaur. Danny things it’s not real, but it’s real. Danny climbs up on the dinosaur and Danny gets out of the museum with his friend dinosaur. This book is funny because the dinosaur speaks and he is funny. I think everyone will like this book. I like this book very much. I want to recommend it to everybody. I give this book five out of five stars! - Ryan Kim, Tulip Class, February 2018
  RIS_Kids_Academy | Sep 21, 2018 |
Syd Hoff was a Jewish-American cartoonist and children's book author, best known for his classic early reader "Danny and the Dinosaur." His cartoons appeared in a multitude of genres, including advertising commissions for such companies as Eveready Batteries, Jell-O, OK Used Cars, S.O.S Pads, Rambler, Ralston Cereal, and more. Source: Wikipedia. An I CAN READ BOOK. Fantasy of children playing with a dinosaur from a museum.
  uufnn | Jul 21, 2018 |
  RIS_Kids_Academy | Feb 21, 2018 |
For Bonny
For Sally
One day Danny went to the museum.

Danny loves dinosaurs. When he sees one at the museun and says, "It would be nice to play with a dinosaur," a voice answers, "And I think it would be nice to play with you." So begins Dannys and the dinosaur's wonderful adventure together!

But a dinosaur is no ordinary playmate. Even the most everyday activities become extraordinary, like finding a big-enough place to hide a dinosaur in a game of hide-and-seek, and keeping him from knocking over houses with his long tail. But Danny can teach a old dinosaur new tricks. It's the most fun this dinosaur has had in a hundred million years!

Originally published as An I Can Read Book over 40 years ago, this classic story is perfect for reading together.

Danny's out on the town with a real live dinosaur. And whether they're eating ice cream or playing hide-and-seek, these two are having one hundred million years of fun--all in one day.

Outstanding Children's Books of 1958 (NYT)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

A little boy is surprised and pleased when one of the dinosaurs from the museum agrees to play with him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,532,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible