Embrace the Night by Karen Chance

Embrace the Night

by Karen Chance

English (34)  Vietnamese (1)  Czech (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (37)
This series just keeps getting better and better. In this exciting instalment we see a complex set of events unfold, meet new characters who give an insight into Cassie’s past and build upon the tension with an already difficult situation. I love how Karen puts so much depth and emotion into both her characters and storyline. She really is an amazing writer, who can keep you in suspense and keep you fully engrossed in the story from start to finish. There is never a dull moment in her books, and the world/character she has created are absolutely sublime. I would recommend this series wholeheartedly, as well as her other series following the fantastic Dory, another story in the same world, yet somehow worlds apart. ( )
  Mike_Amos | Sep 7, 2019 |
Embrace the Night has always felt like the kick off to the crazy plot and action within the rest of this series. There are some great reveals in this book, character and plot wise. I love it, I've always loved it, I will always love it.

My favorite scene is when Cass steals some boots. ( )
  marcosburlybiceps | Apr 30, 2019 |
This third novel in the Cassandra Palmer series reaches new heights. The fantastic cast of characters just keeps on growing, and to top it off we get to see a lot more depth and backstory surrounding the main cast. Still my all time favourite series followed incredibly closely by the Dorina Basarab series by the same author. ( )
1 vote Bethsinitaly | Apr 30, 2019 |
"4.5 out of 5 stars!! So far this is my favorite book out of the series, especially since it grows Pritkin, Mircea, and Cassie's characters ... along with..."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/feasted-on-cassandra-palmer-s... ( )
1 vote fromjesstoyou | Apr 23, 2019 |
In the beginning... Cassie was raised by a vampire and valued because she has psychic abilities--she can see the future. In the first book she's on the run and gets tangled up with the vampire council because her previous "owner" wnats her back. Thing is, his master wants Cassie, too. Yes, in that way. Oh, there's a wanting. There's also a geis that binds Cassie and that master, Mircea. Enter Pritkin the mage. Mages and vampires are at war and Pritkin is saving Cassie, but not because he likes her, just because he hates vampires. Turns out Cassie is the heir to the Pythia--the head seer who has the power to not only see through time, but travel back and forth. She has a rival, there's fighting, there's Tony the vamp wanting her back and Mircea the vamp just wanting her.

Here we are in book 3 and Cassie is the reluctant Pythia. She's still bound to Mircea by the geis and because she encountered him while traveling through time in earlier books the binding has been on him for centuries and it's killing him. (It's a thing. He put the binding on her, it was activated when they met in the present. When Cassie-under-geis went back through time in an earlier book and encountered unbound Mircea the geis, knowing he was the other one, jumped all over him, binding him centuries earlier than he'd bound her and resulting in him being bound twice when he placed the spell in the present time. Gods, how I love time travel.) Anyway, there's supposed to be a spell in the Codex Merlini that can remove the geis without killing her or Mircea so she and Pritkin are looking for it.

BTW, it should be known that I have an immense crush on Pritkin the gruff mage with a mysterious past and sexy tattoos. This is why when the hints about his mysterious old age started flying and when Cassie encountered a past-him I guessed who he was and went to the squee place instead of the groan place.

There's also a plotline invovling the deaths of Cassie's parents. She was always told she was adopted by Tony the vampire after her parents, who were in his employ, died in a car accident. Not so surprisingly, it wasn't an accident, Tony planned it to get control of Cassie and her powers from a young age. Cassie's mom was a runaway Pythian heir and her Dad was psychically powerful in his own right. Her dad is also now a soul in a jar kept in Tony's curio cabinet and Cassie is plenty pissed about that.

The good news is, the geis is gone by the end of the book which frees Cassie (and Mircea) up to figure out if she really loves him or if it was all the spell. Personally I'm hoping she hooks up with Pritkin, but I'm like that. ( )
1 vote tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
To Tracy Amber Lewis
A weeping angel shattered in a crack of grey dust, sending its wings flying off in two directions.

Pritkin’s hella cute
Hey Mr. Daddy Issues
Will u be my boo?
(Inkspellblu)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451461991, Mass Market Paperback)

View our feature on Karen Chance's Embrace the Night.

Cassandra Palmer may be the world's chief clairvoyant, but she's still magically bound to a master vampire. Only an ancient book called the Codex Merlini possesses the incantation to free Cassie-but harnessing its limitless power could endanger the world...

Read Karen Chance's posts on the Penguin Blog.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:08 -0400)

Clairvoyant Cassandra Palmer is determined to find the ancient grimoire that contains an incantation that can break the spell that binds her to Mircea, but in her travels to the past she also learns that recovering the text could endanger the world.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,089,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible