The Borrowers (1952)

by Mary Norton

Series: The Borrowers (1)

Miniature people who live in an old country house by borrowing things from the humans are forced to emigrate from their home under the clock.

English (114)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (117)
It has some differences from the The Secret World of Arrietty movie I just saw, but it was just as good. It's a very nice quick read and fun. There's something about little people. ( )
  Ghost_Boy | Aug 25, 2022 |
This is a nice kids book. Milly was interested as its the basis for the Studio Ghibli film Arrietty too. We enjoyed reading it and she'd like to check out the follow ups. ( )
  AlisonSakai | Aug 19, 2022 |
The boys loved this book. We had to read the whole series after this. Just as magical as I remember from my childhood. Wonderful escapism. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
This dragged a bit and wasn't as magical as I remembered. Though I can well imagine being far more excited about the lengthy descriptions of tiny things as a child. Perhaps it is The Littles that I remember so fondly. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jun 28, 2022 |
An interesting tale, but not my favorite. I know people who loved this book, but it just wasn't for me. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |

Norton, Maryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hague, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Krush, BethIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Krush, JoeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stanley, DianaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Sharon Rhodes
For Orlena [1st U.S. Edition, Harcourt 1953]
It was Mrs. May who first told me about them.
Mrs. May lived in two rooms in Kate's parents' house in London; she was, I think, some kind of relation. [First U.S. Edition (Harcourt 1953)]
There are several film adaptations of The Borrowers, various book adaptations, and the original book itself by Mary Norton. This work consists of copies with the title The Borrowers but for which the medium (e.g. book or movie) isn't specified, and for which the author or director isn't specified. It should not be combined with the original work or with any specific adaptation.

If you have a copy of this work, please consider specifying the medium (e.g. video recording or book), and if it is a book, please consider specifying the author (or if it is a film, the director).

AR 5.3, 5 Pts

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,141,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible