The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

The Vampire Lestat (1985)

by Anne Rice

Series: The Vampire Chronicles (2)

When the vampire Lestat becomes a rock superstar, he finds himself in serious conflict with the ancients whose powers are beyond his imagining.
Recently added byLenaHB, private library, RSM., ASClaire, KrissieMarie, MissEllie80, sscudder68, two34n, Vepxvi
Legacy LibrariesNewton 'Bud' Flounders
    Liam by KV Taylor (MinaKelly)
    The Taker: Book One of the Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu (becksdakex)
    Natural History by Joan Perucho (elenchus)
    elenchus: Perucho establishes a fine mood, equally eerie as Rice but much different. The Vampire here is in the shadows rather than pouring out a confessional to the reader, and is all the more effective for it.

English (101)  German (2)  All languages (103)
Oh my god, these were so over the top but the first three or four were at least good, back when Anne Rice had an editor. I used to read these a lot, tbh, they're so perfect for your teen dramatic feelings complete with a Brat Prince everyone magically loves. :) ( )
1 vote jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
Anne Rice is the author to go to when you want to read a really good vampire novel. Not the type of vampire novels where vampires sparkle and are just too over the top (eye roll). This is vampires done well, with all the rich details and history to go along with them. I love this series and need to pick it back up again - I got stuck on the 6th one and need to push through it! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
This is the book that made me fall in love with vampires. Anne Rice writes better than any other author I have read. I love the way she goes into explicit detail about everything. I would recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  Kristinah | May 8, 2018 |
The sequel to The Interview with a Vampire tells of Lestat waking up from an underground sleep for over half a century to the sounds of a fledgling rock band practicing in a residence nearby. Lestat desires to become a rock star and takes over the band, names it after himself and then pens his own autobiography. The tale tells of Lestat’s life dating back to the 18th century. As a misunderstood aristocrat in a family that is ashamed of his differences he runs off to Paris to become an actor with his mate Nicki. He catches the eye of the Vampire Magnus and is kidnapped and turned into a vampire and then abandoned, all in the same night. Lestat then turns his dying mother and his mate Nicki into vampires. He tells of meeting older vampires and learns of their turnings and their history. The story ends after Lestat's debut concert and ends on a very frustrating cliff hanger.
I found this novel enjoyable but slightly repetitive and hard to follow the different story lines and histories of the different vampires. (3.5* on audio) ( )
1 vote ChelleBearss | Mar 9, 2018 |
I personally like this book very much even though it paints a completely different picture of Lestat than Interview with the Vampire did. I like the back story the author gave him and I especially connected with Gabrielle. But again, that's on a personal level. I look forward to reading the 3rd installment. ( )
1 vote TheReadingMermaid | Nov 12, 2017 |

Anne Riceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Muller, FrankNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tarkka, HannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vance, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vierne, BéatriceTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

The Vampire Chronicles (Books 1-10) by Anne Rice

5 Titles in Vampire Chronicles By Anne Rice - Vampire Lestat - Tale of the Body Thief - Queen of the Damned - Merrick - by Anne Rice

Interview with the Vampire / The Vampire Lestat / The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice

The Vampire Chronicles (Books 1-5) by Ann Rice

Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat [graphic novel #6] by Faye Perozich

Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat [graphic novel #7] by Faye Perozich

Has the adaptation

Has as a reference guide/companion

This book is dedicated with love to Stan Rice, Karen O'Brien, and Allen Daviau
I am the vampire Lestat. I'm immortal. More or less.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,724,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible