The Vampire Lestat (1985)

by Anne Rice

Series: The Vampire Chronicles (2)

When the vampire Lestat becomes a rock superstar, he finds himself in serious conflict with the ancients whose powers are beyond his imagining.
Recently added byprivate library, brit8909, Nicolle-Marie, Joanne53, rebwhit, Mr.Picazo
Legacy LibrariesNewton 'Bud' Flounders
    Liam by KV Taylor (MinaKelly)
    The Taker: Book One of the Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu (becksdakex)
    Natural History by Joan Perucho (elenchus)
    elenchus: Perucho establishes a fine mood, equally eerie as Rice but much different. The Vampire here is in the shadows rather than pouring out a confessional to the reader, and is all the more effective for it.

English (104)  German (2)  All languages (106)
This was very enjoyable. I love Anne Rice's writing style. It's been quite a few years since I read "Interview," but I couldn't help noticing that the Lestat in this volume is very different (and tamer!) than the Lestat in the first book. Rice doesn't really give any explanation for that either. And I don't buy Lestat as a rock star. Perhaps that's just me. At any rate this was still an intriguing read. I especially loved all the history/mythology Rice has created for her vampires. Fascinating! ( )
  bugaboo_4 | Jan 3, 2021 |
Anne Rice has stated she wants book reviewers to be required to post with their full, real name. In response, I am removing all my reviews of her novels as I am unable and unwilling to do this. I am no longer comfortable reading or reviewing her work. Thank you.
  kaitlynn_g | Dec 13, 2020 |
This was a book I've been wanting to read for some time, this series is in my to do by year end. #ontheboard is #TheVampireLestat is a classic Ann Rice and I was enthralled with her demonstration of the Prince Lestat. A must for anyone who loved Tom Cruise as the titular character. Digging deeper in his background, this made my week. ( )
  reynag | Feb 3, 2020 |
I did not expect to be intrigued or entertained enough to pick up the third installment - however, I am quite interested in Rice's musings on/portrayal of time (& isolation)'s ability to drive one mad.

"... the beauty of it was like the glow of smouldering coals; just enough illumination to show how much darkness there really was." ( )
  dandelionroots | Jan 31, 2020 |
Oh my god, these were so over the top but the first three or four were at least good, back when Anne Rice had an editor. I used to read these a lot, tbh, they're so perfect for your teen dramatic feelings complete with a Brat Prince everyone magically loves. :) ( )
1 vote jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

Goldmann (9842)

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

Has as a reference guide/companion

This book is dedicated with love to Stan Rice, Karen O'Brien, and Allen Daviau
I am the vampire Lestat. I'm immortal. More or less.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,507,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible