The Vegetarian Epicure by Anna Thomas

The Vegetarian Epicure (1972)

by Anna Thomas

Other authors: Julie Maas (Illustrator)

Series: Vegetarian Epicure (1)

A more than decent cookbook, but the end of the intro made me raise my eyebrows.

"This two-hours-later course is especially recommended if grass is smoked socially at your house. If you have passed a joint around before dinner to sharpen gustatory perceptions, you most likely will pass another one after dinner, and everyone knows what that will do — the blind munchies can strike at any time." ( )
  Frenzie | Jan 13, 2019 |
Best German apple pancake recipe ever! ( )
  Lindoula | Sep 25, 2017 |
Best German apple pancake recipe ever! ( )
  akswede | Oct 14, 2013 |
I treasure some of the recipes in the two volumes of "The Vegetarian Epicure," especially for quiche and Mideastern meze. The revised edition of the book that came out in the 1990s was not as good. I put a lot of effort into some of its recipes, only to be disappointed. ( )
1 vote frannyor | Jan 27, 2012 |
One of the books which I know I can trust. I LOVE the Mushrooms berkeley recipe, which our family always calls "Dark and Evil" when it appeals on the table. It's starting to fall apart from use, but I'd never be without it. ( )
  sliknl | Jan 23, 2010 |

Anna Thomasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Maas, JulieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
for my parents
Introduction:  Good food is a celebration of life, and it seems absurd to me that in celebrating life we should take life.

One advantage of vegetarianism is the primacy of plants in the food chain. Foods are less processed and have fewer chemical additives or contaminants. Vegetarian meals may be epicurean and are more flexible for serving than traditional meals containing meat. Suggestions are given for entertaining, menu planning and a variety of dishes. Recipes are included.

A friendly informal tone and some splendid recipes have made this a perennial bestseller. For all who love the fruits of the earth and the art of cooking. A classic with almost a million copies sold to date.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible