The Wednesday Surprise by Eve Bunting

The Wednesday Surprise

by Eve Bunting

Other authors: Donald Carrick (Illustrator)

It sure surprised me! These are the kind of people who we should admire as heroes, imo. Those among us who do the smart problem-solving and the humble good deeds are the best role models for all of us. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
A story of a little girl teaching her grandmother to read.
  Karen_Curtis_Wood | Mar 15, 2015 |
A young girls grandmother comes to visit weekly and they have a special surprise for her daddy. ( )
  tashara | Mar 15, 2015 |
This sweet book tells the story of a little girl and her family, who are all preparing for her father's arrival back home and his birthday. Each member of the family is planning something special for daddy, but Anna and her grandma are planning a huge surprise. On Daddy's birthday, Anna and grandma reveal that Anna has been teaching her grandma to read. I adored this book. The plot was totally unexpected and sweet, and I cried when I read it.

Ages: 5 and up
Source: I believe Karen brought this book to class, but I am not 100% sure. It can be found at the Pierce County library as well.
  AlissaT | Mar 13, 2015 |
dad is a truck driver and mom works a lot so grandma comes to help take care of child. throught thier time togehter and the fun they have eventually the child teaches grandma to read. The Wednesday Surprise is to show parents that grandma can now read. ages 3 and up . very touching.....you will cry
  JackieOttman | Mar 9, 2015 |

Eve Buntingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carrick, DonaldIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0899197213, Hardcover)

Anna and Grandma are planning a surprise for Dad's birthday. Dad thinks he has received all his presents, but Grandma stands up and gives him the best one of all: she reads aloud the stories that Anna has taught her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:39 -0400)

On Wednesday nights when Grandma stays with Anna everyone thinks she is teaching Anna to read.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,496,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible