Cry Wolf

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Alpha and Omega: World of the Marrok (1), World of the Marrok (5)

3,9081562,564 (4)145
After years at the bottom of the pack, Anna has learned never to trust dominant males, until Charles Cornick, the enforcer and leader of the North American werewolves, declares her his mate, revealing her destiny as an Omega wolf.
    Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (Kerian)
    Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (leahsimone)
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: Yes, yes; one is an urban fantasy werewolf novel and the other a futurist police procedural/romance, but both of them have intensely character-driven protagonists whose relationships bind their series' together and evolve with each new book published.
    Through the Veil by Shiloh Walker (BookWhisperer)

English (155)  Piratical (1)  All languages (156)

ayoshina | Jul 31, 2022 |
A great mix of romance and werewolf action. I always feel like PB does the werewolf thing right and I just read other authors while I wait for PB to write 'real' werewolf stories. I like both series but I like this book because it has a strong romance in it. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
Anna is a little too much of a "special snowflake" for my tastes, but otherwise not bad. ( )
  Malaraa | Apr 26, 2022 |
I have been waiting for this book, after reading the short story that introduced the characters. I think it might be hard to track what's going on if you haven't read the Mercy Thompson books, so go read those first. You're going to want to read them after this one anyway, so you might as well start there.

Still loving this series. Turns out the Audio book is great as well. read 2x. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
I love that we get a series where we get to see the inner workings of the Cornick family. And Charles, mysterious Charles, we get to see you unlocked at last!

The biggest thing I liked about this was seeing Anna's relationship develop with Charles and also see glimpses of Bran's relationship with Leah. I felt so sorry for Leah, after reading this. I thought it was really clear that Bran, while he has one face in front of Mercy and Anna that is sweet and endearing, is just as much dislikeable in many ways as Leah. And I say that as someone who appreciates the nuances in both characters. And dislikes them at times. Leah may be hard to like. She is cruel to Mercy. But she shows you her true face. Bran is an out and out manipulator. He is Alpha of all North America for a reason. Hard to blame Leah for feeling put out over being used to subdue the monster. It's so wonderfully clever how Patricia Briggs sets up all her characters to be so flawed... and how she has put them into interesting scenarios of their own making.

Anyway, I loved seeing Charles so protective of Anna. I loved seeing the beginnings of that relationship form, how instaneous it was, and I just love this series as a whole. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Amanda, fashionista, musician, and hairstyle artist. This one's for you.
No one knew better than Walter Rice that the only safe place was away from other people.

This book is related to the Mercy Thompson series, but will have Charles and Anna from the previous short story "Alpha and Omega" in the anthology On the Prowl.

Anna never knew werewolves existed, until the night she survived a violent attack... and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she'd learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. Then Charles Cornick, the enforcer—and son—of the leader of the North American werewolves, came into her life.

Charles insists that not only is Anna his mate, but she is also a rare and valued Omega wolf. And it is Anna's inner strength and calming presence that will prove invaluable as she and Charles go on the hunt in search of a rogue werewolf—a creature bound in magic so dark that it could threaten all of the pack.

It is recommended you read the prequel "Alpha & Omega" before reading Cry Wolf.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,089,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible