Moon Called (2006)

by Patricia Briggs

Series: World of the Marrok (1), Mercy Thompson (1)

7,0843221,112 (4.11)1 / 415
Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.
    Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Kerian)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (mak_mohn)
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (leahsimone)
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (SunnySD)
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, first person narrated by shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (asterravos)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (leahsimone, shadiphoenix)
    Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    Tinker by Wen Spencer (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Urban fantasy and gritty mechanics
    Stray by Rachel Vincent (shanesuzanne)
    shanesuzanne: Both stories are hot and action packed with a young shifter heroine who is rare and thus very coveted and smothered within her pack/pride. She must battle her family to earn her independence, and fight her heart and instincts to avoid being “owned” by HOT men whom drive them crazy with lust and desire. (Stray is a bit more sensual)… (more)
    Heart of Stone by C. E. Murphy (Kassilem)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Larkken)
    Larkken: Strong female protagonist becomes involved with werewolves. The werewolf packs are organized differently, but the two series deal similarly with issues of independence and also draw in other supernatural beings.
    The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint (catfantastic)
    Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley (deep220)
    Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint (MyriadBooks)
    Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (GirlMisanthrope)
    Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark (Anonymous user)
    The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle (mak_mohn)

English (313)  Portuguese (1)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (318)
This was an enjoyable book. Light read, plenty of supernatural characters. It reads very similarly to books by Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris. If you enjoy those, you will enjoy this. Definitely picking up the next book in the series. ( )
  ArcherKel | Aug 17, 2022 |

ayoshina | Jul 31, 2022 |
I’m such a sucker for urban fantasy especially when it comes to werewolves and thoroughly enjoyed the set up of this world. My main complaint is the pacing. Some scenes seemed to be skimmed over too quickly or were bogged down by too much exposition or over explaining. And I will admit that there were moments where the over controlling men were a bit annoying but having Mercy put them in their place was satisfying. Otherwise it was a rather enjoyable book with many likable characters (I really hope we see more of the vampire Stefan with his Mystery Machine van in the later books). ( )
  Oblivionsdream | Jul 18, 2022 |
My favorite paranormal series. I recommend it to all my paranormal customers at the bookstore. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
There are a lot of werewolf books out there so I felt a little trepidation to pick one up (same can be said of vampire stories, eh?) but the stars were good. From start to finish, I didn't want to put the book down. The reviews on the cover did not lie.

I felt Mercy was a believable character and I liked how the different wolf packs interacted. Definitely a good read. ( )
  KeriLSalyers | Jul 1, 2022 |

King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenoir, LorèneTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for
Kaye’s mom, Almeda Brown Christensen, who likes my books; Alice and Bill Rieckman who like horses as much as I do; and in memory of Floyd “Buck” Buckner, a good man.
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first.

Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbour is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,144,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible