Distant Shores by Marco Palmieri

Distant Shores

by Marco Palmieri (Editor)

Other authors: Christopher L. Bennett (Contributor), Kirsten Beyer (Contributor), Ilsa J. Bick (Contributor), Keith R.A. DeCandido (Contributor), Robert Greenberger (Contributor)7 more, Heather Jarman (Contributor), Robert T. Jeschonek (Contributor), Jeffrey Lang (Contributor), Terri Osborne (Contributor), Kim Sheard (Contributor), James Swallow (Contributor), Geoffrey Thorne (Contributor)

Series: Star Trek (2005.11), Star Trek: Voyager (Short Story Collection), Star Trek Anniversary Anthologies (2), Star Trek Novels (2005.11)

953198,994 (4)3
Collection of short stories based on the television program, Star Trek Voyager.

I thought that overall the short stories in this collection were on the scale from good to excellent.

I really, really liked the two parts of Da Capo al Fine. It was also cool how it was set up. One part at the beginning, one at the end. Because with what the story was about the stories in the middle in some ways seemed like part of Da Capo al Fine. It tied together the rest of the book so well.

I also really liked 18 minutes and that surprised me a bit because the Doctor, who had the central role in the story, isn't my favorite character in the TV series.

There were also a couple of stories that were okay. Talent Night was weird but good. And Bottomless was seriously freaky and the descriptions were jarringly scary. (I'm definitely not gonna go swimming for awhile).

On the not so great side of the book I thought that in the story Command Codes, Chakotay seemed really, really written out of character.

I also don't remember the Equinox characters being so present in the show, but in this collection they seemed to be all over the place.

Overall it was a great book of stories and they were well written. There's always another corner or crack that a bit of story can be written about in the Star Trek Universe. ( )
  DanieXJ | Dec 20, 2016 |

Osborne, TerriContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sheard, KimContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Swallow, JamesContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thorne, GeoffreyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,770,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible