Deadly Little Secret (2008)

by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Series: Touch Novels (1)

9206018,135 (3.65)1 / 12
When someone starts stalking high school junior Camelia, everyone at school assumes that it is Ben, who is new at school and rumored to have killed his previous girlfriend, but Camelia is nevertheless inexplicably drawn to him.

teen fiction; supernatural romance. The story starts off with Camelia nearly getting hit by a car, but she is saved at the last second, out of nowhere, by this mysterious boy who promptly vanishes afterwards. The next few chapters she and her friend obsess over boys, after which I stopped reading. So, it's like Twilight, but teeny-boppier. Some teens will enjoy the series nevertheless; though many would probably be more satisfied with heartier fare. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
Camelonan, the good girl, liked the new bad boy, Ben. Ben had been accused of murdering his girlfriend back in his old home town. Ever since Ben showed up all of these weird stalker stuff starts happening to Camelonan. Ben can sense bad things coming her way. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 23, 2017 |
Had this on my shelf for a while, finally decided to read it. After the first chapter, I had to check to see if it was published after Twilight. The opening scene is about a boy (stranger, strange) saving a girl from being run over by a call. Small town, small school. Soon after, Boy starts going to school and becomes Girl's lab partner, but he's standoffish and doesn't want to interact. Yeah... Sounds familiar?

If you liked Twilight or liked that story, then you would enjoy this. It's not a long book, you could finish it in one sitting. Perhaps it would make a good beach read. I had book 1 and 2 so I suppose I'll read up to Book 2, see if it diverges from the obvious Twilight story. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
This book was really good. It captured my attention from the start. It was so fast paced that I finished it in a day. There is so much tension and creep factor in this book that I was anxious to finish it. It also kept me guessing from the start, Camelia is being stalked and its somebody close to her. I kept suspecting so many people but it still took me by surprise. Stolarz cleverly packs
her plot with lots of dubious suspects, keeping the reader guessing. Her characters are distinct and memorable. I love Camelia's friends, Kimmie and Wes they are hilarious. And their friendship fell very real. I felt as though they were my friends too. I love how the story alternates between Camelia and the thoughts of our stalker. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Reached chapter 20; whoever is writing that diary is a creepy, stalker, jack-ass!! I got to admit that the story might have started like Twilight with the whole car-crashing, saving-my-life incident, but it is turning differently somehow, with the creepy stalker!! Whom I can't figure out!! Of course he isn't Ben, but he could be Matt the ex, or Spencer the art teacher or my lucky guess Jamie, who never really talks to her but still he is everywhere she is!! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

For my mother,
who gave me the creativity to write,
and for MaryKay,
who showed me I could
I could have died three months ago. Ever since, things haven't been the same for me.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,314,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible