Twilight (2005)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (1)

53,070220216 (3.73)2 / 804
When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (xcentaur)
    xcentaur: Now that you've had the starters, lets move on to better vampire lit ...
    The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause (Caramellunacy, allisongryski, jfoster_sf, rose_81, Konran)
    Caramellunacy: The Silver Kiss is a vampire romance that deals with being different and misunderstood, loneliness, grief and death - including a spree of murders. There's a definite poignancy to the relationship between Zoe and Simon that makes this well worth reading for fans of vampire lit.… (more)
    jfoster_sf: A classic vampire novel that also deals with love, loss, death, etc.
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (infiniteletters, allisongryski, goodiegoodie, Konran)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (_Zoe_, MyriadBooks)
    The Awakening by L. J. Smith (nicoleryan)
    nicoleryan: The Vampire Diaries has more to do with just vampires. Theres witches, wolves, and even underground demons....
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Laelatb, samkablam7, SunnySD)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159, zippa101, Cpassmore)
    tyuiop159: They both have the same Romeo and Juliet structure.
    zippa101: It really filled that gap that twilight made.
    Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (VictoriaPL)
    Betrayed by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    Vampire Academy Box Set 1-6 by Richelle Mead (Aleana)
    Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (FFortuna)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (jennyellen22)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (HollyMS)
    Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (stephxsu)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Matia414, ldelprete)
    ldelprete: this is a story in which you can really get attached to the characters. If you like to root for the underdog in stories, like jacob in twilight, then you will enjoy this series where the entire country is an underdog.
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    The Society of S: A Novel by Susan Hubbard (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: A well-written, erudite novel about vampire society amongst humans; a novel about family all told from 13 year old Ariella, who will look 13 forever.
    A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (jbarry)

English (2,098)  Spanish (21)  German (10)  French (10)  Dutch (8)  Finnish (7)  Italian (6)  Swedish (6)  Danish (5)  Norwegian (4)  Lithuanian (4)  Portuguese (3)  Catalan (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Latvian (1)  Japanese (1)  Chinese, simplified (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Hindi (1)  All languages (2,193)
Showing 1-5 of 2098 (next | show all)
  archivomorero | Jun 25, 2022 |
Meanders for hundreds of pages before discovering a plot. Characters are flat, cartoonish, and illogical. Writing is pedestrian. This book has absolutely no redeeming qualities. ( )
  karimagon | Jun 23, 2022 |
What can I say? I love Twilight. I reread the first three books several times a year. It’s like a comfort food, an escape, a thrill. ( )
  samanddiane1999 | Jun 22, 2022 |
I read this book when I was in high school and loved it ever since. It was my first large novel I read as well. There will always be a special place in my heart for Twilight, even if I am not a teen anymore. Twilight does get a lot of negatives, especially for the movies, but the books give so much detail. I have not read Midnight Sun yet, but I am also looking forward to that. (Edward's POV in Twilight).

If you like vampires, some romance, and action here and there then give it a try :) The series is wonderful in general - at least to me. ( )
1 vote JenBlue | May 24, 2022 |
Rating: 3.5 ( )
  marryyy | Apr 23, 2022 |
Showing 1-5 of 2098 (next | show all)
"Meyer's prose seldom rises above the serviceable, and the plotting is leaden" [....] "It's like reading a young teenage girl's blog"
added by GYKM | editWashington Post, Elizabeth Hand (May 26, 2010)

Astonishing, mainly for the ineptitude of her prose. Teen vampire schlock that has the nation’s youth in thrall.
added by GYKM | editDaily Telegraph, Brian MacArthur (Nov 13, 2009)

[L]et me say to you as a meat-eating, Entourage-watching, sports-loving (OK, I really don't love sports, or actually understand sports) — heterosexual man who can't sit through a single show on Lifetime television, let me loudly proclaim: I, Brad Meltzer, love the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

I confess, I have joined the legions of the bitten and smitten.

The plot may sound rather comic and camp, but Meyer chooses to play it straight and serious. Vampires or not, what this novel is really about is a fatal attraction to someone or something dangerously different from yourself. The trajectory of the story is such that Bella's behavior and choices grow increasingly more disturbing, with irrevocable, self-destructive consequences.

Meyer, Stephenieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. -- Genesis 2:17
For my big sister, Emily,
without whose enthusiasm this story might still be unfinished.
I'd never given much thought to how I would die—though I'd had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
Breathe Bella.
You're exactly my brand of heroin.
It's twilight. It's the safest time of the day for us. The easiest part. But also the saddest, in a way. The end of another day, the return of the night.
ISBN 0316015849 is not a video recording.
ISBN 031601584 is the novel.
ISBN 1904233651 is the novel.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316015849, 0316160172, 0316038377, 0316038385, 0316033413

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,551,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible