Twilight (2005)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (1)

51,116217216 (3.75)2 / 797
When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (xcentaur)
    xcentaur: Now that you've had the starters, lets move on to better vampire lit ...
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (infiniteletters, allisongryski, goodiegoodie, Konran)
    The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause (Caramellunacy, allisongryski, jfoster_sf, rose_81, Konran)
    Caramellunacy: The Silver Kiss is a vampire romance that deals with being different and misunderstood, loneliness, grief and death - including a spree of murders. There's a definite poignancy to the relationship between Zoe and Simon that makes this well worth reading for fans of vampire lit.… (more)
    jfoster_sf: A classic vampire novel that also deals with love, loss, death, etc.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (_Zoe_, MyriadBooks)
    The Awakening by L. J. Smith (nicoleryan)
    nicoleryan: The Vampire Diaries has more to do with just vampires. Theres witches, wolves, and even underground demons....
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Laelatb, samkablam7, SunnySD)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (VictoriaPL)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159, zippa101, Cpassmore)
    tyuiop159: They both have the same Romeo and Juliet structure.
    zippa101: It really filled that gap that twilight made.
    Vampire Academy Box Set 1-6 by Richelle Mead (Aleana)
    Betrayed by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (FFortuna)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (jennyellen22)
    Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (stephxsu)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (HollyMS)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Matia414, ldelprete)
    ldelprete: this is a story in which you can really get attached to the characters. If you like to root for the underdog in stories, like jacob in twilight, then you will enjoy this series where the entire country is an underdog.
    Need by Carrie Jones (knfwalker, FFortuna, deadbookdarling)
    deadbookdarling: YA novel with the same feel as Twilight, only possibly better!
    A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (jbarry)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)

English (2,071)  Spanish (21)  German (10)  French (9)  Dutch (8)  Finnish (7)  Swedish (6)  Italian (5)  Danish (5)  Norwegian (4)  Lithuanian (4)  Catalan (3)  Portuguese (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Latvian (1)  Japanese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Hindi (1)  Chinese, simplified (1)  All languages (2,164)
Showing 1-5 of 2071 (next | show all)
I remember reading this book a few years ago and I really liked it. The story flowed and was easy to read which led me into the world of the book. The characters were interesting and I remember feeling the need to know what would happen. ( )
  MiraLadybug | Jun 7, 2021 |
Comment: no. ( )
  georgeybataille | Jun 1, 2021 |
I read this ten years ago when I was in eighth grade and I loved it. I read the series as fast as I possibly could. Attempting to read it again ten years later, now that the hype has died down and my taste in literature has changed greatly, I cannot figure out what was so wonderful about this book. Isabella Swan moves to Forks to live with her dad for no apparent reason, she hates green for some reason and is obsessed with some guy who is so freaking creepy. The way he was acting towards her was scary but she became obsessed with him before there was ever a word spoken between them. How do you romanticize someone who acts scary and mean towards you? How is that attractive? Let me guess...he's pretty and that's all that matters to boring, plain old Isabella Swan. Also, she's a snob and looks down on the people from the little town and seems to find all of the people trying to be nice to her insufferable. Normal new kids at school are grateful for the few people who are nice. ( )
  nagshead2112 | Apr 27, 2021 |
  nagshead2112 | Apr 27, 2021 |
trash ( )
  Rachel_Cucinella | Apr 24, 2021 |
Showing 1-5 of 2071 (next | show all)
"Meyer's prose seldom rises above the serviceable, and the plotting is leaden" [....] "It's like reading a young teenage girl's blog"
added by GYKM | editWashington Post, Elizabeth Hand (May 26, 2010)

Astonishing, mainly for the ineptitude of her prose. Teen vampire schlock that has the nation’s youth in thrall.
added by GYKM | editDaily Telegraph, Brian MacArthur (Nov 13, 2009)

[L]et me say to you as a meat-eating, Entourage-watching, sports-loving (OK, I really don't love sports, or actually understand sports) — heterosexual man who can't sit through a single show on Lifetime television, let me loudly proclaim: I, Brad Meltzer, love the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

I confess, I have joined the legions of the bitten and smitten.

The plot may sound rather comic and camp, but Meyer chooses to play it straight and serious. Vampires or not, what this novel is really about is a fatal attraction to someone or something dangerously different from yourself. The trajectory of the story is such that Bella's behavior and choices grow increasingly more disturbing, with irrevocable, self-destructive consequences.

Meyer, Stephenieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Twilight ( [2008]IMDb)
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. -- Genesis 2:17
For my big sister, Emily,
without whose enthusiasm this story might still be unfinished.
I'd never given much thought to how I would die—though I'd had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
Breathe Bella.
You're exactly my brand of heroin.
It's twilight. It's the safest time of the day for us. The easiest part. But also the saddest, in a way. The end of another day, the return of the night.
ISBN 0316015849 is not a video recording.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316015849, 0316160172, 0316038377, 0316038385, 0316033413

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,888,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible