Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Hush, Hush Saga (1)

4,844441955 (3.72)151
    The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

English (432)  Spanish (4)  All (2)  Hungarian (1)  Italian (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All (441)
I was reading this book until 4.30 am. It only took one day to finish. I was so engrossed with it. I love it when a book can make me feel like that. Will certainly be reading the next one. A.S.A.P. ( )
  KarinaKantas | Apr 20, 2018 |
Hush Hush is about a girl named Nora Grey, who falls love with the mysterious new boy who is also her biology class lab partner. Strange things start to Nora, like her room is broken into and destroyed. Nora then calls the police anf her room becomes completely normal and everything is fixed. Soon Nora learns that Patch is actually a fallen angel. Which means that Patch was an angel but he did something bad and had his wings taken away then was sent to earth. In the ending of the book Nora learns that she is the descendent of Nephilium, a race of half angels, yet half mortals. Nora also finds out that one of her friends from school, Jules is actually named Chauncey is evil and is also a fallen angel, like Patch. ( )
  nayeli13 | Apr 6, 2018 |
Sort of convoluted and at the same time sort of boring. It convoluted/hard to follow, but convoluted/too much explaining, not enough letting the reader figure it out--and then the ending is abrupt and sterilized. I wasn't impressed, but I can't leave a series unfinished, so I'll check out the next one. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
Hush Hush is about a girl named Nora Grey, who falls love with the mysterious new boy who is also Nora's bio lab partner. Strange things start to happen in Nora's life for starters her room is broken into and destroyed and then in a few minutes when Nora calls the police her room goes completely normal and everything is fixed. Soon Nora learns that Patch Nora's lab partner is a fallen angel. Which means that Patch used to be an angel but he did something really bad and had his wings taken away and was sent to earth. In the end of the book Nora learns that she is the descendent of Nephilium, a race of half angels half mortals. Nora also soon learns that one of her friends from school, Jules is actually named Chauncey and is evil and is also a fallen angel, Nora realizes Chauncey caused all of the craziness in Nora's life. Nora is able to defeat Chauncey and in the end gets her life as close to normal as it will ever be.

I really liked Hush Hush it was very scary and mysterious at times but it also had some romance. Hush Hush would get really confusing at times but overall i really liked it and I will be reading the next book in the series Crescendo.
  lucyd.b4 | Mar 18, 2018 |
3.75 stars ( )
  apacilio | Feb 8, 2018 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,598,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible