HomeGroupsTalkExploreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

City of Glass (2009)

by Cassandra Clare

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
11,190380502 (4.16)213
Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 213 mentions

English (373)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (379)
Showing 1-5 of 373 (next | show all)
This is my favorite of my reread so far! ( )
  lovethethief | Sep 25, 2022 |
Allora... FINALMENTE ho finito la prima trilogia. Insomma... Il terzo libro è stato di poco migliore dei due precedenti, per via del fatto che i personaggi secondari mi hanno convinta a continuare. Continuo a pensare a Clary e Jace come odiosi ed inutili, mi spiace. Non li sopporto. Alec, Magnus, Hodge, Sebastian/Jonathan Christopher e gli altri sono personaggi molto più interessanti.
Valentine/Hitler è un personaggio piuttosto interessante, anche se ovviamente ha intenzioni e opinioni assolutamente da non condividere. Importante è stato l'intervento di Raziel, comparso verso la fine, che ha distaccato sé stesso e Dio dalle intenzioni di Valentine.
Shadowhunters e Nascosti si sono dovuti alleare contro un nemico comune, mettendo quindi da parte il risentimento. Anche qui, avrei voluto che il rapporto Shadowhunters/Nascosti fosse meglio approfondito. Gli Shadowhunters sono nati per combattere i demoni, ma uccidono anche i Nascosti, che sono ritenuti inferiori. Prima degli Accordi, i Nascosti venivano uccisi come animali, pezzi di loro presi come trofei. Insomma, avrei voluto vedere di più questa fragile dinamica.
Sebastian/Jonathan Christopher è un personaggio affascinante e avrei sperato che gli fosse dato più spazio.
Nel complesso do tre stelle perché la storia è interessante e accattivante e così anche i personaggi secondari, ma lo stile di scrittura pieno di similitudini e gli insopportabili Jace e Clary non mi hanno fatto gradire a pieno il libro.


Recensione postata anche su http://www.thereadingpal.blogspot.it ( )
  thereadingpal | Jun 14, 2022 |
I enjoy this story. The characters are strong and the story is entertaining. I was worried about Simon and still have questions about how he is going to explain to his family and will he end up with Maia or Isabelle or Clary. Will Clary and Jace be together will Alec and Mangus stay together ( )
  kskristine | May 17, 2022 |
Whoa! How is it that I only recently learned of this fun-tastic series from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments!? Well, now that I found the series, I can’t seem to put it down. Actually, that’s a lie…I don’t want to put it down. I even caught myself sneaking in extra chapters when I was supposed to be “adulting” ( ( )
  Christilee394 | Jan 31, 2022 |
This series is such good fun! I finished this one and immediately started the next. ( )
1 vote Triduana | Jan 25, 2022 |
Showing 1-5 of 373 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (4 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gordon, RussellCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosamilia, Mikesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Long is the way
And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light.
-John Milton, Paradise Lost
Dedication
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
First words
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS
Canonical LCC

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Popular covers

Quick Links

Rating

Average: (4.16)
0.5 3
1 29
1.5 1
2 107
2.5 18
3 449
3.5 84
4 942
4.5 104
5 1272

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,088,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible