HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Loading...

City of Glass (2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Other authors: See the other authors section.

Series: The Mortal Instruments (3), Shadowhunters (2.3)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
8,452345598 (4.19)203
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 203 mentions

English (341)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (346)
Showing 1-5 of 341 (next | show all)
Yes, it took me a while to finish this one too. (1) Because I just wanted to do everything else but read. (2) the book, as good as it was, seemed to drag on. A trend I am noticing with this series so far. I do intend to carry on to at least City of Fallen Angels and just take each book as it comes. I am wanting to finish this series because (1) I want to know what happened (2) I want to attempt to read the spin off series of books and hope I like them more. I guess I'll see what happens. :-) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Moves a little more slowly than the first two books in the series, but the plot is still very solid. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
Besides some of the squicky parts it all rights itself in the end. I have to say I like who Simon grew into! And I couldn't stand the whiny boy he was before. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
To już trzecia część serii. Ponad 1000 stron akcji, a matka Clary nadal śpi. Początkowo zastanawiało mnie to, lecz z czasem wszystko się wyjaśniło. Według mnie każda kolejna część jest lepsza od poprzedniej. Mimo, iż Clary nadal czasami postępuje bezmyślnie, to jednak coraz bardziej ją lubię. Tak samo jest z Jacem i Simonem. Seria spodobała mi się i świat Nocnych Łowców coraz bardziej mnie wciąga. Szkoda tylko, że pierwszy tom nie był równie dobry.

Seria początkowo miała być trylogią, lecz ze względu na odniesiony wielki sukces autorka dopisała jeszcze trzy tomy. Moja siostra jest wielką fanką i nawet ma tatuaż z runą. Uważa jednak, że trzy ostatnie tomy są trochę naciągane, jakby autorka nie miała zbyt wielu pomysłów i pisała je na przymus. Także zastanawiam się jeszcze czy warto po nie sięgać czy może też lepiej skończyć na tym tomie. ( )
  gosiakula | Jan 2, 2019 |
This book was ok. I think because it is a young adult book in some spots there really was just to much explaining when it was pretty easy to figure out what was going on. I was happy with the ending of the book. If you read the books before this one then you will enjoy this one. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Showing 1-5 of 341 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (4 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gordon, RussellCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moore, NatalieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosamilia, Mikesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Long is the way
And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light.
-John Milton, Paradise Lost
Dedication
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
First words
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

» see all 14 descriptions

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.19)
0.5 2
1 23
1.5 1
2 83
2.5 18
3 358
3.5 81
4 800
4.5 96
5 1112

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible