Vampire Academy

by Richelle Mead

Series: Vampire Academy (1)

Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots.… (more)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (MisfitRhi)
    MisfitRhi: Both set at boarding schools and involve vampires.
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (RyitGrrl)
    RyitGrrl: Similarities between the romance aspect and the subtle shift of the vampire myth to allow for literary licence.
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (tooimpurenangel)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (tooimpurenangel)
    Hearts at Stake (Drake Chronicles, Book 1) by Alyxandra Harvey (TheLibraryhag)
    Insatiable by Meg Cabot (Books007)
    Books007: Insatiable reminded me alot of the Vampire Academy series...almost like an adult version of this series.
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (gamermom2004)
    City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (The_Book_Queen)
    Wuthering High by Cara Lockwood (Jenson_AKA_DL)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: Another boarding school novel that I think would appeal to fans of this series.

English (330)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (333)
Premise fell right up my alley but at the wrong time. I was not interested in the characters after the first 75 pages and really didn't care enough to complete the story though I wanted to read the series before watching the movie.

If you enjoyed this book and series, great! Please continue to support this author in any way you can! ( )
  The_Literary_Jedi | Jun 16, 2021 |
Yes, this book took me a while (9 days) and there were a few days I didn't read it, I believe 3 or so. Don't know, but this technically-if you take away the days I did NOT read the book-probably took me 6 or 7 days to read.

•••

Anyway, as for my review, this book was pretty entertaining and enjoyable! It follows Rose Hathaway, a half human half vampire that's been on the run for 2 years with Lissa Dragonmir, a Morori Princess that she was set out to protect.

However, their plans are cut short when they find themselves dragged back to St Vladimir's Academy. Am the story begins from there.

It deals with topics of bullying and slut shaming, as well as their being a forbidden romance or student mentor relationship in the works with Dimitri and Rose. However, there's also Mason too-but who knows how that conflict is going to resolve.

I remember seeing the first few minutes of the movie on Netflix and never going back to it, this was before I read the books. Now that I've finished book 1, it's definitely very different from the film and quite fun to read.

I do plan on reading the 2nd book in the series, Frostbite. ( )
  Xftg133 | Jun 8, 2021 |

I wasn't going to read this series this year. But when I finished Georgina Kincaid audiobooks, I want to listen to the audiobook of this series too.

The audiobook was awful. Gosh, I can't believe I'm saying that about a book that I've been reading yearly for a decade. I wished I had never listened to that audiobook!

Since I already started the audiobook, I thought I might as well reread the whole series in physical format.

*I saw that Frostbite's narrator was a different person. I'm kinda scared to listen to it, though. I don't want to hear Adrian being voiced by a female. It would shatter my view of Adrian. XD

I guess, I'll just reread my paperback and shut up.

blithelii_ | May 29, 2021 |
Silly silly little book. How you amused me on my flight home from MA. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
4.25* ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
For my urban fantasy grrrls, Jackie and Caitlin.
I felt her fear before I heard her screams.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,127,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible