Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Harbrace College Handbook by John C. Hodges

Harbrace College Handbook (1941)

by John C. Hodges, Suzanne S. Webb, Mary E. Whitten

Recently added byrandys_bookbuzz, private library, kohlerbj, SarahKing, GeorgePoland, SPR1, davefromknoxville, mtgilead
Legacy LibrariesCarl Sandburg

What can one say about a reference book?
  repsac3 | Dec 28, 2012 |
This an old standard, even if my edition is also a bit dated Sections that are particularly good, not always covered by other such books are an example of writing an entire composition with detailed explanation, how to be exact - using a dictionary to help , transitions between paragraphs, paragraph development ( )
  carterchristian1 | May 5, 2010 |
A concise reference, though not as compact as it would be without hundreds of exercises. It's written as a system for writing, proofreading, and assessing. ( )
  jpsnow | Aug 2, 2009 |
A wonderful friend when it came time to writing those research papers for undergraduate school. No, we didn't have web generated biographies. Instead we did it the old-fashion way: pencil, paper, our handbook, and patience. ( )
  stevetempo | Oct 12, 2008 |
Throughout the years of my higher education in the 1950s and '60s, I got A's on all of my essays, term papers, and lab reports with the help of my American College Dictionary and my Harbrace College Handbook. Whenever I was writing, my Harcourt Brace and my ACD were always within arm's reach. ( )
1 vote MrJack | Sep 30, 2008 |

John C. Hodgesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Webb, Suzanne S.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Whitten, Mary E.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Connolly, Francis X.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A key to good writing is to possess or develop sentence sense. (10th edition, page 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible