2 Timothy : Be Strong (1997)

by Irwin J. Habeck, Curtis A. Jahn (Editor)

8None1,870,847 (5)None

No reviews

Irwin J. Habeckprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jahn, Curtis A.Editormain authorall editionsconfirmed
"Christ crucified" - "All Scripture is God-breathed" - "The Scripture cannot be broken"

Then there is peace. This word refers first to the peace that God established through Jesus by having him assume the guilt of the human race and bear their punishment when he died for them (Eph 2:16,17). But when God assures believers that there is peace, their hearts will also experience peace (Jn 14:27).

Friendship rooted in a common faith in the Savior is always a precious gift from God.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength (Php 4:13). If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all --how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Ro 8:31,32)

Generally, a pastor gets more out of studying a text and writing a sermon on it than do those who hear the sermon.

When the last one of the elect has been won, the end will come.

Those who say that it is up to a theological expert to determine what in the Bible is God's Word and what is of purely human origin are wrong. The entire Bible is the Word of the truth. We are not to edit the Bible and cull out what in our estimation is not true and call only that which remains the truth. Rather we are to say with our Lord Jesus, "Your word is truth" (Jn 17:17).

Some may think that they may sin as much as they please and then go to Communion and their slate will be wiped clean.

Some people to whom we would like to speak about spiritual matters can be provocative, irritating, rude. That is where the virtue of putting up with evil is needed. A soul whom we are trying to win is too precious, bought as he is with the Savior's blood, for us to give up on him because his nature is what it is.

Recently our generation has been characterized as the "ME generation." In such an environment there is not only the danger that the child of God will be ruthlessly pushed aside by others, but also that he might be drawn into sharing the prevalent standards.

Unthankful. "The world owes me a living" is the slogan of these people. No matter what favor is shown to them or gift given to them, they regard it as their due and would not think of being thankful for it.

To believe in Christ Jesus is not the result of a decision on the part of man. Faith is worked by the Word.

God's Word ... People will just not want to put up with such healthy teaching. What it teaches is too rigid or too simple or too contrary to human thinking. What it teaches as far as conduct is concerned is too strict.

... they reason that their good works are more than enough to offset what they call their mistakes; they argue that there is no life after death and that the death of a human being is like the death of an animal.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,649,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible