I Love You, Stinky Face (2004)

by Lisa McCourt

Other authors: Cyd Moore (Illustrator)

Series: Stinky Face (book 1)

A mother and child discuss how the mother's love would remain constant even if her child were a stinky skunk, scary ape, or bug-eating green alien.

It's a cute story with a kid testing their mothers love with funny scenarios. This book has nothing really special to share with a class, I personally wouldn't add this to my classroom.
  Blaise_G | Feb 10, 2022 |
Title: I Love You Stinky Face
- Author: Lisa McCourt
- Illustrator: Cyd Moore
- Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
- Date: August 2, 1997 (date published), January 13, 2022 (date read)
- Pages: 32
- Type of Book Format/ Literary Genre: Picture book; fiction
- Short Summary of the Main Plot: The story begins with a mother tucking her son in to bed, and she tells him she loves him, but her son has a question. He goes through different situations with her, asking things like “what if I were a big scary ape, would you still love me?” The mother tells him things she would do for him like comb his curly hair, and make him a banana cake, and tell him “I love you my big scary ape”. He goes through all sorts of imaginative scenarios, and the mother continues to tell him the things she would do for him and that she will always love him no matter what form he would take.
- Tags/Subject Headings that Describe the Content: A mothers undying love and affection, creative scenarios.
- My response: I love all aspects of this book; it reminds me of the love my mother and I share for each other no matter what forms we take. I thought it was strong in the actual story and the illustrations because each was beautifully creative.
  MayaBust | Jan 20, 2022 |
This is a fabulous picture book which helps the young reader understand that no matter what they have done or question, their family will always be there to love them. This is a wonderful picture book for a bedtime read aloud, or a read aloud in class after returning from recess. For the older students, studying the illustions and the simplicity of the text can be a cross-curricular support between art and word choice.

Teacher Lesson Plans for Early Childhood to Support Social Emotional Learning
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/514465957426839255/ ( )
  KylerJones | Apr 25, 2021 |
This is a sweet story with imaginative illustrations, reflecting the love and reassurance a mother/parent can give their child. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 25, 2021 |
A classic story about a mom and how much she loves her son. I remember my own mother reading this book to me when I was younger, and I'm so glad I now have that memory with my daughter as well. Very precious. ( )
  allysonpuri | Dec 9, 2020 |

McCourt, LisaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, CydIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Stinky Face (book 1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,427,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible