HomeGroupsTalkExplore

There's a Wocket in my Pocket! (1974)

by Dr. Seuss

A household of unusual creatures help beginning readers recognize common "household" words.

I'm not the target audience and I don't have fond memories of reading them as a kid. Although I know I did read them at one point or another. They didn't make a big impression though and rereading - I didn't the impression any better. They're alright. Very weird. Very whacky. But at least most of them rhyme. 2.5 stars. ( )
  funstm | Dec 1, 2022 |
The book starts off with a little boy asking did you ever feel there’s a Wasket in your Basket. And then the boy explores around the house, finding more rhyming monster-looking creatures. He is happy with most of them. But he wishes some were never there. Finally, he snoozes off with a Zillow on his pillow, hoping he never leaves the house.

Dr. Seuss’ books don’t need an intro. Notably, there’s a wocket in my pocket. It’s silly and, in parts, weird. The illustrations are apt for the text, and this one will surely give you jiggles and chuckles.
Pick this book if you are a fan of Dr. Seuss’ books.
Read the full review at Nothing But Picture Books ( )
  NBPBreviews | Jul 28, 2022 |
A great book for kids learning to read ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Great for storytime with older kiddos (4-5s). They loved coming up with their own goofy rhymes. ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Did you ever have the feeling there's a WASKET in your BASKET?
Sometimes I feel quite CERTAIN there's a JERTAIN in the CURTAIN.

"There's a Wocket in my Pocket!" is a story written by Dr. Seuss, which means it is another example of a story that makes no sense, but is fun to read. The story is silly that includes rhymes to help add to the silliness. Through this story, children will also practice word identifications, meaning being able to find words that are simple in spelling and sounding. Children will enjoy this story and its made up words.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,975,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible