Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

If You'll Be My Valentine by Cynthia…

If You'll Be My Valentine

by Cynthia Rylant

Other authors: Fumi Kosaka (Illustrator)

A cute story about a kid thinking about what valentines.
  lesabrn | Mar 5, 2019 |
a story of a young boy on valentines showing how much he loves his family through creativity of his art to all the members of his family.
ages 3 and up
source:pierce library
  SeraJanelle | Nov 29, 2017 |
A sweet little boy takes the time to make Valentines for everyone in the family. He makes cards for his dog and his cat. There's a card for Grandma and each of his siblings. There's even a card for his teddy bear. Each card expresses the little boy's appreciation for that individual, and his story is told with gentleness and simplicity.

The Bottom Line: With rhyming verses and adorable, large scale illustrations, this picture book will be a hit with little ones in Preschool – Grade 2. Enthusiastically recommended for storytime.

This review also appears at the Mini Book Bytes Book Review Blog. ( )
  aya.herron | Feb 18, 2017 |
I really liked reading this book. This book had many different reasons why I liked it. One reason I liked this book would be the easy patterned, rhyming words. The rhyming words were easy to follow and flowed very nicely. The point of view of the story was in third person and I think that it was done well because he always talked about what he and whoever he was writing to would do. The illustrations on the pages were very simple and I think that the illustrator could have maybe made the pictures more vibrant. I think that the overall message and idea of this book would be showing what this little boy loves about his family and friends in order for him to make a valentines day card.
  MackenzieVenezia | Dec 10, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book because it was very simple but sweet. The book included simple but cute illustrations and the book was written in a rhyme which made it engaging to read and it flowed nicely. The little boy asked multiple people and toys to be his valentine and described what they would do in a rhyme format. This story did not have a real plot, there was no true conflict in it. The main idea of this story is that anyone that you care about or want to spend time with could be or valentine. ( )
  amyadams19 | Feb 9, 2016 |

Cynthia Rylantprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kosaka, FumiIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

IF YOU'LL BE MY VALENTINE

Cynthia Rylant and Fumi Kosaka

If You'll Be My Valentine sweetly celebrates the true meaning of Valentine's Day.

Charming prose and captivatingly sweet art create an adorable tableau of loving wishes from one little boy to all the members of his family.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:57 -0400)

A little boy gives Valentines out to friends and family.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,475,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible