Flight, Volume One (2004)

by Kazu Kibuishi (Editor)

Other authors: Chris Appelhans (Contributor), Neil Babra (Contributor), Bengal (Contributor), Vera Brosgol (Contributor), Joel Carroll (Contributor)18 more, Enrico Casarosa (Contributor), Clio Chiang (Contributor), Catia Chien (Contributor), Phil Craven (Contributor), Kazu Kibuishi (Cover artist), Kazu Kibuishi (Contributor), Derek Kirk Kim (Contributor), Hope Larson (Contributor), Khang Le (Contributor), Jacob Magraw-Mickelson (Contributor), Scott McCloud (Contributor), Dylan Meconis (Contributor), Erika Moen (Contributor), Bill Mudron (Contributor), Jake Parker (Contributor), Rad Sechrist (Contributor), Kean Soo (Contributor), Jen Wang (Contributor)

Series: Flight (1)

An anthology of graphic shorts by a variety of international artists.

English (20)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (21)
Really interesting compilation of mini stories from various artists. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
A fun compilation of a variety of stories and artistic styles taking on the theme of flight. As with many anthologies, there were some stories that I really enjoyed, some artistic styles that I wanted to have more of, and other stories that just didn't work for me. Some stories were imaginative in their use of the theme where others I was confused how the theme fit at all. Reading through this volume gave me a nice reprieve from longer graphic novels and books that I was reading so for that I really enjoyed it and would recommend it for that reason as well. ( )
  TrekkieChickReads | Feb 9, 2016 |
  TrekkieChick29 | Oct 27, 2015 |
  TrekkieChick29 | Oct 27, 2015 |
This was a well done anthology of graphic novel short stories all somehow involving flight. The stories involve a wide variety of styles and themes. Some of them I loved and some were just okay. Some were really well done stories and some were very abstract.

I really loved the two Copper stories by Kibuishi. I also really enjoyed the following: Hugo Earheart by Jake Parker, Outside my Window by Khang Lee, and The Bowl by Clio Chiang.

There really is an incredibly wide array of styles and themes. There are fantasy stories, ones about friendship, and ones that are completely abstract. The illustration styles are just as varied, from classic cartoon style to very artistic soft styles to very abstract images.

I loved the variety and the surprise of not knowing what type of story I would be reading next.

Overall I enjoyed it and plan on checking out more volumes in Kibuishi's Flight series. This volume spanned an incredibly variety of styles and themes and was very eclectic. I would recommend to those who enjoy graphic novel short stories and don’t mind being surprised by some different varieties of stories. ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 24, 2015 |
A flip through the book reveals a wide variety of approaches, topics, and styles. Especially notable is the use of color, with subtle effects and impressive skill on display.

Kibuishi, KazuEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wang, JenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Flight (1)
ISBN 0345490401 is for Flight Four

An anthology of graphic shorts by a variety of international artists.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,966,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible