Swan Lake by Margot Fonteyn

Swan Lake (1989)

by Margot Fonteyn

Other authors: Trina Schart Hyman (Illustrator)

I don't think I every really heard the story of Swan Lake before. ( )
  kathleen586 | Mar 30, 2013 |
This traditional fantasy tells the story of how Prince Siegfried was searching for a beautiful princess to marry. Prince Siegfried was mesmorized by a beautiful swan which wore a crown. The swan princess, Odette, was under an unusual spell that caused her to continue to be a swan during the day until she found her one true love to marry. The spell was broken and Prince Siegfried and Princess Odette lived happily ever after.

I enjoyed the magic and how it showed you can find things when you are not looking for them. The only issue I had is that the pacing was a little slow. I think that the students could possibly lose interest by the end of the story.

One activity could be to have the children pick out the animal that they believe is the most beautiful and have them write a poem about it. Another activity could be to write a story about what would happen if the spell was not broken. ( )
  cry6546 | Jun 16, 2008 |

Margot Fonteynprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hyman, Trina SchartIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Dame Alicia Markova, the most ethereal of ballerinas, my first Swan Queen, my first Giselle, my idol and greatest inspiration -M.F.
For Michael O'Donnell, with love -T.S.H.
Long ago, there was a prince named Siegfried.

A prince's love for a swan queen overcomes an evil sorcerer's spell in this fairy tale adaptation of the classic ballet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,361,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible