Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss

Wacky Wednesday (1974)

by Dr. Seuss

Series: I Can Read It All By Myself Beginner Books

1,508297,574 (4.31)1 / 14

We've all had them. Those days that just seem to be crazy and wacky. Those days that you just want to go get back in bed and not get back up again until the next day.

Well, this little children's book puts a funny little twist to those days. It makes learning to count fun and funny! Some of the people around him make him feel like he is the crazy one, then he comes across someone who helps him out and let's him know he isn't quite as crazy as people try to make him out to be.

Oh such is Life! Sometimes, you feel like you're the only one going through some craziness until you run into that one person that lets you know: No, it's not just you! I deal with it or have dealt with it as well!

This has become yet another favorite Dr. Seuss book! Yes, I am a "bit old" to be going through these just to go through them, but, there are so many books that I know weren't read to me when I was little because they either came out as I got older and/or we just didn't know about them at the time. It also just may be that I don't remember some of them because I was so young.

Wacky Wednesday was a fun, cute read in a way that only Dr. Seuss and these types of books can be! ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Fun but inconsequential, similar to Where's Waldo or Dutch zoekboeks. Good for practicing spotting anomalies and counting with youngsters.

(Note: 5 stars = amazing, wonderful, 4 = very good book, 3 = decent read, 2 = disappointing, 1 = awful, just awful. I'm fairly good at picking for myself so end up with a lot of 4s). ( )
  ashleytylerjohn | Sep 19, 2018 |
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? Colorful, and a wacky book! Children would really get a "kick" out of this book! It's a fun way to get tongue tied and experience a different world. A fun way to discover the wacky things go wrong while sharpening their ability to read and observe. ( )
  mp1139 | Apr 13, 2018 |
This Dr. Seuss story tells about a day where everything seems to go wrong and be a little off. It opens on a Wednesday morning. Very quickly it's apparent that things are not right. As the day progresses, more and more things are off. The book rhymes has illustrations to complement the words and is very funny. I think that this story broadens kids perspective while sparking their creativity. ( )
  jkl900 | Apr 9, 2018 |

Seuss, Dr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Booth, GeorgeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It all began with that shoe on the wall.

A baffled youngster awakens one morning to find everything's out of place, but no one seems to notice! Beginning readers will have fun discovering all the wacky things wrong on each page while sharpening their ability to observe, as well as to read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:30 -0400)

Drawings and verse point out the many things that are wrong one wacky Wednesday.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,440,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible