Wacky Wednesday (1974)

by Dr. Seuss

1,760326,917 (4.32)1 / 17
Drawings and verse point out the many things that are wrong one wacky Wednesday.

I liked this book for a few reasons. First I liked the language in the book because of the rhyming, and visual appeals. I love that this book could be read to any elementary age and it still be fun. The book is a fun because the reader is on a hunt to find all the wacky things on the page. I like the rhyming in the book, for example "I went out the school door. Things were worse than before. I couldn't believe it. Ten wacky things more!". ( )
  dbaldy1 | May 5, 2020 |
We've all had them. Those days that just seem to be crazy and wacky. Those days that you just want to go get back in bed and not get back up again until the next day.

Well, this little children's book puts a funny little twist to those days. It makes learning to count fun and funny! Some of the people around him make him feel like he is the crazy one, then he comes across someone who helps him out and let's him know he isn't quite as crazy as people try to make him out to be.

Oh such is Life! Sometimes, you feel like you're the only one going through some craziness until you run into that one person that lets you know: No, it's not just you! I deal with it or have dealt with it as well!

This has become yet another favorite Dr. Seuss book! Yes, I am a "bit old" to be going through these just to go through them, but, there are so many books that I know weren't read to me when I was little because they either came out as I got older and/or we just didn't know about them at the time. It also just may be that I don't remember some of them because I was so young.

Wacky Wednesday was a fun, cute read in a way that only Dr. Seuss and these types of books can be! ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Fun but inconsequential, similar to Where's Waldo or Dutch zoekboeks. Good for practicing spotting anomalies and counting with youngsters.

(Note: 5 stars = amazing, wonderful, 4 = very good book, 3 = decent read, 2 = disappointing, 1 = awful, just awful. I'm fairly good at picking for myself so end up with a lot of 4s). ( )
  ashleytylerjohn | Sep 19, 2018 |
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? Colorful, and a wacky book! Children would really get a "kick" out of this book! It's a fun way to get tongue tied and experience a different world. A fun way to discover the wacky things go wrong while sharpening their ability to read and observe. ( )
  mp1139 | Apr 13, 2018 |

Seuss, Dr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Booth, GeorgeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It all began with that shoe on the wall.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,748,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible