Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1:…

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1: The Long Way Home

by Joss Whedon, Georges Jeanty (Illustrator)

Other authors: Paul Lee (Illustrator), Andy Owens (Illustrator)

Series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 (Vol. 1: Issues 1-5), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (801)

Considering the difficulty of shifting formats, particularly across media as different as TV and graphic novel, it was relatively easy to recognize characters in their drawn forms. I was thrown off by the unexplained appearance of a NASA-like infrastructure and the move to Scotland, and I was not amused by the authors' choice to revive the Buffy/Xander storyline from Seasons 1 and 2. The plot was much less interesting in drawn form, and graphic novel battles are nothing like watching them on screen, but I'll keep reading to see if "Season Eight" is worth it.
  csoki637 | Nov 27, 2016 |
This is a collection of comics #1-5. I read them originally when they came out, but it's been a while and I couldn't remember where I'd left off. So I started this series again properly. I found that I liked it more this time around--even giant!Dawn. It's interesting to see where things might have gone, given how the series ended. I like the idea of the Scoobies embracing and training so many slayers. However, it definitely has room to backfire. And all the hints about the next big bad definitely have me continuing to read. Not to mention lots of familiar faces.

I look forward to reading more of the series! ( )
  katekintail | Jun 17, 2016 |
Takes a little getting used to- the story in comic book format is a little fast paced and scattered. But all the elements that made Joss Whedon's series so good are still there. ( )
  kristina_brooke | Apr 15, 2016 |
As I have never seen the show or read any of the other graphic novels, this was mostly very confusing. On the one hand I was impressed that Buffy dresses like a rational person might in her job, which is automatic proof of a feminist slant. On the other hand, there were still enough enormous-boobed and scantily-clad female characters to annoy me.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
This book was on my list for a long time, and I was not disappointed when I read it. I love the idea of being able to continue a story in a universe you love after it has left it's primary media. I enjoyed the art and seeing where the characters go next. I plan to read the rest of season 8. ( )
  EllsbethB | Jan 30, 2016 |
It can’t match the best of the TV show, not without the contributions of the actors providing nuance to the dialogue, but it’s a darn sight better than much of season seven and many of the other adventure comics out there today.

Joss Whedonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jeanty, GeorgesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, PaulIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Owens, AndyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chen, JoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The thing about changing the world... once you do it, the world's all different.
This is the omnibus graphic novel of the story arc, The Long Way Home. It contains issues 1-5 of the Buffy Season 8 series of comic books, and is (sometimes) labeled Volume 1 (and may have an ISBN, 1593078226). DO NOT combine with The Long Way Home 1 (some times labeled Issue 1), which is the first comic book issue, not the omnibus.

Describes the adventures of Buffy after the events covered by the television program, as she faces a mysterious threat called "Twilight."

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,731,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible