I Shudder at Your Touch by Michele Slung

I Shudder at Your Touch (1991)

by Michele Slung

Other authors: Robert Aickman (Contributor), Carolyn Banks (Contributor), Clive Barker (Contributor), Michael Blumlein (Contributor), Jonathan Carroll (Contributor)17 more, Angela Carter (Contributor), Hugh B. Cave (Contributor), Thomas M. Disch (Contributor), Stephen R. Donaldson (Contributor), Ronald Duncan (Contributor), Christopher Fowler (Contributor), R. Murray Gilchrist (Contributor), Robert Hichens (Contributor), Stephen King (Contributor), Valerie Martin (Contributor), Eric McCormack (Contributor), Patrick McGrath (Contributor), Haydn Middleton (Contributor), T.L. Parkinson (Contributor), Ruth Rendell (Contributor), May Sinclair (Contributor), Harriet Zinnes (Contributor)

contains SK's "The Revelations Of Becka Paulson"
1 vote | PBlock | Jul 5, 2013 |
...or to be more exact, maybe 2.75. I don't usually read horror OR sex books, so I don't know if I'm the best person to judge this, but I will say I found there to be, overall, not much of either. The book was hit-or-miss, as anthologies are wont to be, and more than a few times I found myself wondering if I'd ever get this G-d'd book finished! There were a few stories that saved it for me, however, especially : Eric McCormick's "Festival", which was haunting and poetic, Angela Carter's "Master" beautifully written, and, surprisingly for me, Clive Barker's "Jacqueline Ess...", which did fully combine sex and horror while allegorically touching on some deep, powerful truths about love, desire, & women. I picked it up for $1.50 @ the thrift store because the cover art is gorgeous & I thought the title was sexily poetic...so I got my $'s worth! ( )
  stacey2112 | Apr 22, 2013 |
A collection of 22 short stories by various authors. Not as much substance as I thought there would be. ( )
  leahhenderson | Oct 14, 2009 |
Subtitled 22 Tales of Sex and Horror. While some of the stories in this collection did not quite meet my expectations, others were so good that I just have to give the anthology a rating of 4 stars. The pieces that particularly grabbed my attention are the ones by Clive Barker, Jonathan Carroll, Stephen King and Christopher Fowler. Worth checking out! ( )
2 vote thioviolight | Dec 9, 2007 |

Rendell, RuthContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sinclair, MayContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zinnes, HarrietContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Odom, MelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In nothing is individual fancy so varied and capricious as in its perception of the horrible.  To one person a story is terrible beyond all imagination: to another it is merel grotesque.  --Dorothy L. Sayers, The Omnibus of Crime
They had not sailed a league, a league,
A league but barely three,
Until she spied his cloven feet,
And she wept right bitterlie.
--The Daemon Lover, traditional ballad
It was for the instant confounding and bottomless, for if he were innocent, what then on earth was I?
--Henry James, The Turn of the Screw
This book is dedicated to the memory of three dear friends -- David E. Pickford, Herbert H. Denton Jr., Maurice Braddell -- original spirits, all.
Preface:  As I invite you to be seduce by this collection of extremely varied frissons, I feel obliged once again to cite the friend whose dry comment, when I informed him of my desire to put together such a book, was "What horror story isn't about sex?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451451600, Mass Market Paperback)

A collection of twenty-two tales of sex and horror features work by Stephen King, Ruth Rendell, Clive Barker, Stephen R. Donaldson, Patrick McGrath, Thomas M. Disch, and others.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:48 -0400)

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,614,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible