Fahrenheit 451 [Graphic novel] by Ray…

Fahrenheit 451 [Graphic novel] (2009)

by Ray Bradbury, Tim Hamilton (Illustrator)

This graphic novel does the book complete justice. Amazing book to read and was amazing book to look at. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
I read the book by Ray Bradbury years ago. This adaptation that I found in a graphic novel is fabulous. In a darkly beautiful way that follows the original text, I finally have an image that brings to life everything I imagined nearly 20 years ago when I read the book for the first time.
  ghendel | Nov 28, 2018 |
The drawings are great but the storyline is not as engaging as the original text ( )
  aborham | Nov 26, 2017 |
A nice refresher, but not a substitute for the original. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
*Book source ~ Library

Guy Montag is a fireman. But in this dystopian world a fireman makes fires, not stops them. They burn books, buildings and sometimes people if the people refuse to leave. Because books are forbidden and people aren’t supposed to think. Until one day Montag meets a young, strange girl named Clarisse. Clarisse makes him start thinking and from there his whole life changes because thinking is not a good thing to be doing in this world.

While I have read several classics there are several more on my TBR and this is one of them. I can’t rate how well the adaptation is since I haven’t read the book, but I do get the gist of what’s going on. I’ve always wanted to read Fahrenheit 451, but I have to say that I’m not overly impressed with it. At least with this version. Maybe it loses a lot in the adaptation or maybe it’s not for me, but I’ll still give the book a try. Some day. Anyway, the story isn’t too bad and while the illustrations are pretty good, especially since they really give the feeling of a bleak and oppressing dystopian world, they aren’t really my style. Fans of the book would probably enjoy this graphic novel though. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Oct 23, 2016 |
Bradbury is no Beatty. He's a pluralist. He loves high and low, literature and comics, opera and movies. He's adapted his novel for just about every medium. Given this, perhaps the message of the comic-book rendition of Fahrenheit 451 is that the elitist, nostalgic, black-and-white thinking of a Beatty is part of the problem and leads to black-and-white solutions like censorship and book burning. Beatty has a love-hate relationship with the paper he burns. Bradbury does not.
added by Shortride | editSlate, Sarah Boxer (Aug 17, 2009)

Ray Bradburyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hamilton, TimIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

To David Passalacqua, whose voice is still in my head every day and I would like to thank the following: Ray Bradbury, Thoma LaBien, Deep6 Studios, Chris Sinderson, Tory Sica, Howard Zimmerman, Dean Motter, my mom, and Jean Lee
Para David Passalacqua, cuja voz ainda ecoa todos os dias na minha cabeça. Eu gostaria também de agradecer às seguintes pessoas: Ray Bradbury, Thomas Lebien, Deep6 Studios, Chris Sinderson, Tory Sica, Howard Zimmerman, Dean Motter, minha mãe e Jean Lee.
It was a pleasure to burn.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 080905101X, Paperback)

Book Description
"Monday burn Millay, Wednesday Whitman, Friday Faulkner, burn ’em to ashes, then burn the ashes." For Guy Montag, a career fireman for whom kerosene is perfume, this is not just an official slogan. It is a mantra, a duty, a way of life in a tightly monitored world where thinking is dangerous and books are forbidden.

In 1953, Ray Bradbury envisioned one of the world's most unforgettable dystopian futures, and in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, the artist Tim Hamilton translates this frightening modern masterpiece into a gorgeously imagined graphic novel. As could only occur with Bradbury's full cooperation in this authorized adaptation, Hamilton has created a striking work of art that uniquely captures Montag's awakening to the evil of government-controlled thought and the inestimable value of philosophy, theology, and literature.

Including an original foreword by Ray Bradbury and fully depicting the brilliance and force of his canonic and beloved masterwork, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 is an exceptional, haunting work of graphic literature.

Look Inside This Stunning Adaptation of Fahrenheit 451
In the panels below, fireman Guy Montag returns home after a night of burning books and encounters Clarice, a teenager who changes his life.
Click on each image to enlarge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:17 -0400)

As could only occur with Bradbury's full cooperation in this authorized adaptation, Hamilton has created a striking work of art that uniquely captures Montag's awakening to the evil of government-controlled thought and the inestimable value of philosophy, theology, and literature. --from publisher description… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,623,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible