Ender's Shadow (1999)

by Orson Scott Card

Series: Ender's Shadow (1), Ender's Game: Extended (8B), Enderverse (8B)

10,031107509 (4.12)1 / 199
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin was not the only child in the Battle School; he was just the best of the best. Card tells the story of another of those precocious generals, the one they called Bean who became Ender's right hand, in the final battle against the Buggers. Bean's past was a battle just to survive. Hus success brought hin to the attention of the Battle School's recruiters, those people scouring the planet for leaders, tacticians, and generals to save Earth from the threat of alien invasion. Bean was sent into orbit, to the Battle School. And there he met Ender...… (more)

English (106)  Latin (1)  All languages (107)
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I read/listened to this immediately after finishing Ender's Game because the author says that both books were used to write the movie which is coming out this fall. This book adds detail to the activities which occur in Ender;s Game. It is well written and worth the read if you enjoyed Ender's Game. ( )
  JohnKaess | Jul 23, 2020 |
Adventure, Dystopian, Futuristic, Homelessness, Intergalactic, Space, Spaceships, space wars, war
  sbclibrarian | Jun 4, 2020 |

Warner, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Dick and Hazie Brown
In Whose Home No One Is Hungry
And In Whose Hearts No One Is A Stranger
"You think you've found somebody, so suddenly my program gets the ax?"
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.
My son, my son Absalom. Would God I could die for thee, Absalom, my sons!
Why don't you tell me what you don't want me to know, and I'll tell you if I already know it?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,605,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible