Grandville: a fantasy by Bryan Talbot

Grandville: a fantasy

by Bryan Talbot

I absolutely loved this book. The characters are so awesome and very well drawn. I would very much like to read the other four books. ( )
  JillKenna | Jan 28, 2018 |
Alternate reality
  stevholt | Nov 19, 2017 |
I'm not usually that big on anthropomorphic characters but the magnificent artwork, dynamic steampunk setting and action-packed plot totally sucked me in. If you like subversive plots like [book:V for Vendetta|5805], you should appreciate Grandville. I even forgave the talking animals when I read the line "Badgers? We don' need no steenkin' badgers." I'll definitely be reading more of these.

Hint: Check with your local library to see if they have access to Hoopla digital content. ( )
  Unkletom | Oct 5, 2017 |
Very enjoyable and creative. ( )
  Superenigmatix | Jan 16, 2016 |
I'm reading these out of order since I read the third collection for the Hugo ballot and this one is now the first one. Gave me lots of back history to the third volume but was a great story in itself. If you like steampunk, Sherlock Holmes riffs and/or anthropomorphic animals then this is a great story for you. The art is as good as the story and now I will need to track down the second volume and keep my eyes peeled for more set in this universe. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
For Alwyn
Faster, damn it! Faster, boy! They're gaining on us!

"Two hundred years ago, Britain lost the Napoleonic War and fell under the thumb of French domination. Gaining independence after decades of civil disobedience and anarchist bombings, the Socialist Republic of Britain is now a small, unimportant backwater connected by a railway bridge, steam-powered dirigible, and mutual suspicion to France. When a British diplomat's murder is made to look like suicide, ferocious Detective-Inspector LeBrock of Scotland Yard stalks a ruthless murder squad through the heart of a Belle Epoque Paris, the center of the greatest empire in a world of steam-driven hansom cabs, automatons, and flying machines. LeBrock's relentless quest can lead only to death, truth . . . or war" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,534,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible