Creatures of the Pool by Ramsey Campbell

Creatures of the Pool (2009)

by Ramsey Campbell

My thoughts on the book??? I have no idea what to think about it. It was kinda hard to get through. The story just didn't grab me like I would have liked. I had seen Ramsey Campbell's name in another book and I had a book of his so I thought I would try it, I was disappointed. It was boring at time but it had it's interesting moments although they were rare. I have no idea what the book was really about, Frog people??? That's what I took to be. There was kinda to much history in the book for my taste, I enjoyed the info on Jack the Ripper because he fascinates me and I love to learn about the Ripper but the rest of it just bored me. (I'm not a big history fan. If it has a murder background I like to read about it but other then that it don't interest me.)

There was something about the writing that just didn't get my attention. There wasn't much of an image when reading I was reading the book, it was more like me just reading words. I like to see images when reading, I didn't get that when reading this book. I just felt like I was reading just a bunch of words and nothing else. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |

"Gavin Meadows always worried about his father. The old man could appear a bit paranoid at times, and his research projects sometimes seemed a little crazy. But now his father's missing, and Gavin is more than worried. And the more he looks into his father's research, the more frightened he becomes. This time his father might have really been on to something. Something truly terrifying. For the more Gavin learns of the secrets hidden beneath the city for centuries, the more he realizes the people he sees on the street every day may not be people after all."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,681,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible