Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Books 1-5)

by Rick Riordan

Presents the five volumes of the popular series featuring the adventures of demigod Percy Jackson and his friends from Camp Half-Blood.

Hephaestus = huh festis

Read: Lightning Thief #1
DNF: Sea of Monsters #2 (Started as a Read Aloud but never finished)
-----------
Shopping: Titan's Curse #3
Own: The Battle of the Labryinth #4, The Last Olympian #5
  Seayla2020 | Aug 23, 2021 |
Fantasy - Heroic Fantasy

The Percy Jackson series follows Percy who is a demigod and his adventures with his friends to stop evil forces from taking over Olympus.

I think that these are great books for upper middle school students because it tells of adventures which could be more appealing to boys who might not enjoy reading.
  elizabethardacre | Nov 16, 2020 |
The book series that helped me understand me and my disabilities. One of my favorite book series of all time. Anyone who wasn’t read this is severely missing out on an epic journey and an amazing story. ( )
  katiebelfi | Nov 7, 2019 |
I loved this series! It included action, adventure, and monsters of all kinds. Through this series, you will follow Percy Jackson, a seemingly normal 7th grader who starts being chased by monsters and realizes his life is anything but average. He comes to learn more about his powers and his family history in this incredible series based on Greek mythology. ( )
  MrsScott | May 7, 2019 |
The Heroes of Olympus series, written by Rick Riordan, is very captivating. I start reading and get so involved in the stories that I have to keep reading page after page. The hours go by like minutes when I read about the stories of Greek gods having children with mortals in the present day. These children are called demi-gods and become responsible for quests to fight monsters who threaten the lives of demigods, and occasionally a mortal. The author makes mythology seem very real in a modern way with his descriptive, humorous and exciting adventures, which are also sometimes strange and scary. Most of the books have the same main characters, Grover, Percy, Annabeth, and sometimes Nico and Clarisse. There are also many minor characters who get involved in the adventures as well as hundreds of thousands of monsters and creatures to fight again and again. Percy Jackson, the main character of all the books in the series, reminds me of myself sometimes because of his quirky sense of humor. His clever statements make the reader want to read the sentence over and over again. Each book in the series is exciting because the reader does not know how the story all fits together. But at the end, it all comes together for a thrilling finish. Rick Riordan uses cliffhangers, which make the reader continue to go to the library to get the next book in the series.

Book Review by Claire W. (5th)
  MackintoshL | Aug 6, 2017 |
This LT work consists of all five novels in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, namely: Book 1, The Lightning Thief; Book 2, The Sea of Monsters; Book 3, The Titan's Curse; Book 4, The Battle of the Labyrinth; and Book 5, The Last Olympian. Please do not combine it with any individual title or other collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,201,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible