Duck, Duck, Moose by Dave Horowitz

Duck, Duck, Moose

by Dave Horowitz

198859,376 (3.93)None

I really liked this book because of the plot, illustrations and writing. I enjoyed the plot because a moose who says he wont go south for the winter with his two duck friends, actually ends up loving the trip and not wanting to come home. I liked the contrast it showed in the character from the beginning of the story to the end. I also wasn't expecting the two ducks to mimic Florida for the moose in order for him to come home. I enjoyed the illustrations because they were horizontal instead of vertical which I thought was a nice change of scenery. I also liked how the road signs were larger and the car was smaller in the background so you could really get a sense of depth in the illustrations. I images were also bright and colorful and there was a color scheme to the images as well. I enjoyed the writing in the text because there was a lot of dialogue between the three characters which I think really kept the story moving. I also liked how the names of the states were written in a different color and font then the rest of the text which helped to make it stand out. The big picture of this story is that you shouldn't say no to something you've never tried because it might turn out that you really like it. ( )
  Becca-Friedel | Oct 16, 2016 |
Internet UPC Database
  ritubohara | Apr 19, 2013 |
Two ducks are getting ready to head south to Florida for the winter and invite their friend moose. Moose doesn't want to go, he wants to eat pancakes, but finding no pancakes or anyone to eat them with, he decides to travel with the ducks. Anyone who has ever taken a road trip before will enjoy the humor in the text and the bold, colorful illustrations. Horowitz also does a good job of showing the world that there is more to Florida than Disney World! My only problem is that I cannot share the book with my preschool storytime group: the inclusion of peeing and nose-picking just won't go over with all of the parents. Duck, Duck, Moose will be proudly displayed on our library shelves however, and I will be sharing it with my own kids! ( )
  DiamondDog | Mar 29, 2013 |
This is another good book that helps explain what animals do during their winter hibernation time. They may not do all of the fun things that are described in the book, but we can only imagine! ( )
  YMcMillion | Nov 23, 2012 |
Super short and very silly, Moose migrates with his two duck pals, when he gets to Florida he gets pancakes, all is happy. ( )
  dangerlibearian | Jan 26, 2011 |

An unlikely trio heads south for the winter!

Moose loves the Great North Woods because they're nice and cold, his buddy Bear lives there, and the pancakes are top-notch. He doesn't usually go south for the winter, but with Bear off hibernating and the Pancake Hut closing until spring, he figures he might as well take the great schlep with Duck and Other Duck. The trio ends up in the exotic land of Florida and Moose is forever dazzled.

Dave Horowitz brings to life the joy of discovering a place completely unlike home - as well as the thrills of bringing a little bit of vacation back home with you!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:19 -0400)

With no prospect of any friends around for the winter, Moose decides to travel south with Duck and Other Duck.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,831,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible