I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have…

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

by Ally Carter

Model Spy by Shannon Greenland (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: The Specialists series is also about a group of teenagers who are training to be spies. The group in The Specialists involves more misfits and a bit less on the romance front. Think more Mission: Impossible. But the similar premise and action-packed style makes these two series read-alikes.… (more)
    Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (_Zoe_)
    _Zoe_: Another boarding school whose students are secretly different--but in this case, they're witches and werewolves.
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (nessreader)
    nessreader: Both teen romances with sparky dialogue, strong girls with their own agenda and friendships as well as romance. Similar sense of humour in both.
    Steel Trapp: The Academy by Ridley Pearson (meggyweg)
    Finding Lubchenko by Michael Simmons (meggyweg)
    Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (68papyrus, bell7)
    68papyrus: Etiquette & Espionage also features a stong heroine and takes place at a boarding school.
    bell7: Though set in different time periods, both books feature smart, funny heroines who go to a school where all is not as it seems.

Sigue leyendo para encontrar la reseña en español

The first thing that I noticed about this book is how funny it is. It's told from the point of view of the daughter of the headmistress of the spy academy and we don't only see what happens to her, but also her thoughts. This is one of the funniest parts, because she has a very sarcastic mind.

One of the things that I liked most about this book is that, leaving aside what they teach them, it's a very believable book. There aren't any super secret missions or anything of the sort, other than practical classes and assignments, but even those stay more or less realistic, so there's no actual getting into foreign embassies or anything of the sort.

Cammie's main problem is that she's been taught lots of things, except for one: What to do when a boy is interested in her, which is exactly what happens during one of her practical classes in the nearby town. It was really amusing how the girls approach this situation. They start treating the boy as a covert mission and apply everything they've learned to the situation.

I also loved all the pop-culture references. Things such as Lord of the Rings or Buffy made the dialogue much more natural for the girls ages.

I would recommend this book, and the series in general, to anybody who wants to have a good time reading.

--------------------------------------------------​

Lo primero que noté de este libro es lo divertido que es. Está narrado desde el punto de vista de la hija de la directora de la academia para espías y no sólo vemos lo que le pasa, sino también sus pensamientos. Ésta es una de las partes más divertidas, porque tiene una mente muy sarcástica.

Una de las cosas que más me gustaron es que, dejando a un lado lo que les enseñan, es un libro muy creíble. No hay misiones súper secretas ni nada parecido, aparte de clases y trabajos prácticos, pero incluso ésos son más o menos realistas, así que no hay nada de infiltrarse de verdad en embajadas extranjeras o cosas parecidas.

El principal problema de Cammie es que le han enseñado muchas cosas, salvo una: qué hacer cuando un chico se interesa por ella, que es lo que pasa durante una de sus clases prácticas en la ciudad vecina. Fue muy divertido ver cómo abordan las chicas la situación. Tratan al chico como si fuera una misión encubierta y ponen en práctica todo lo que les han enseñado.

También me gustaron todas las referencias a la cultura popular. Cosas tales como El Señor de los Anillos o Buffy hacen que el diálogo de las chicas sea mucho más natural, teniendo en cuenta su edad.

Recomendaría este libro, y toda la serie en general, a cualquiera que quiera pasar un buen rato leyendo. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
Wow!! As soon as I started reading this book I was enjoying it. I found myself laughing. This is a story about Gallagher Academy which is a school for girls. It is different then your usual private school. These girls are geniuses and being trained to be spies.

I loved the fact that this book is about girls in grades 7 on. The main girls are the girls in the Sophomore class. Cammie who is known as the Chameleon, because people don't notice her, is the one who meets a normal boy and 'falls in love'.

The town near the school thinks the school is for snooty girls. So they usually don't socialize with them. I enjoyed the girls using what they have learned to look into this 'normal' boy to make sure he wasn't a spy. I know I will be continuing with this series. ( )
  crazy4reading | May 30, 2016 |
It's hard enough being a sophomore at an exclusive all-girl's school where your mom is the headmistress, but it's even more complicated when it is a spy school. The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women hides in plain sight, but that doesn't make the school any more popular with the townies. Fifteen year old Cammie Morgan, code named Chameleon, is a master at being inconspicuous, but doesn't know what to do when a boy actually sees her. Cammie and Josh start a relationship, with the help of her best friends running interference and interpretation. The Gallagher gadgets put James Bond to shame, while the dialogue is filled with much more wit and humour. The normal teenage angst mixes with advanced covert skills in an engaging way. The Gallagher Girls series promises to remain playful and diverting.

As the series progresses, sine of the silliness is replaced by a darker, dangerous conspiracy against Cammie and the school. ( )
  ktoonen | May 20, 2016 |
This is just the right read when you're into mystery and YA novels. ( )
  euniceangeli | Mar 3, 2016 |
Ok i love this spy stufff soooooo exciting ( )
  Shazarah | Feb 6, 2016 |
In memory of Ellen Moore Balarzs, a true Gallagher Girl.
I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear. Well, that's me—Cammie the Chameleon. But I'm luckier than most because, at my school, that's considered cool. I go to a school for spies.

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school - typical that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and student received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallager Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but its really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist" - but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

As a sophomore at a secret spy school and the daughter of a former CIA operative, Cammie is sheltered from "normal teenage life" until she meets a local boy while on a class surveillance mission.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,729,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible