The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

The Tell-Tale Heart (1843)

by Edgar Allan Poe

One of my absolute favorite Poe stories:

Written by a murderer with uncredited sanity. He tells the story of his gruesome murder of an old man with a distressing vulture eye which the murderer has a unhealthy hatred of. He hides the dismembered body beneath the floor supposedly hearing his heartbeat where it is hidden. Which only discredits his sanity further.
Beautifully written, I think this tale truly puts you in the mind of this murderer who thinks he's sane but really is far from, or maybe makes you question what sanity really is. ( )
  Jychelle88 | Oct 16, 2017 |
Three classic short stories from E.A.Poe. What can I say what hasn’t been told countless times about them. Perfection. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Oct 2, 2017 |
This story, more than any other, made me forever remember Poe. It's like a frenetic cadence of horrror. Still today when I hear someone mention reading it, I think about him being vexed by the old man. The first time I read this short story is the first time I ever saw the word "shriek" in a book. And the pointed and beguiling manner in which he spoke with the officers was alarming. In the end, he struggles with his own convictions, becomes obsessed with his guilt and turns himself in. ( )
  LorisBook | Jul 16, 2017 |
Excellent.
I love Poe so much. I had no idea these comics existed.

I love the new way these stories are being portrayed. Brings new life to old classics. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
Here we have a narrator who keeps telling the reader he's not mad yet in doing so he comfirms his insanity! ( )
  PhilSyphe | Mar 8, 2017 |
A single short story. Do NOT combine with collections.

The murder of an old man is revealed by the continuing beating of his heart.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,647,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible