Between Nowhere and Happiness by Daniel Kine

Between Nowhere and Happiness

by Daniel Kine

1481,009,899 (3.5)None
    Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: A young poet battling apathy with drugs and other forms of experimental coping methods.
    Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Like Jesus Son, Between Nowhere and Happiness follows a young artistic type through Heroin addiction and love.
    Junky by William S. Burroughs (AngieWebber)
    AngieWebber: Basically the same concept, although Kine writes with a lot more flare and poetry.

I got this as an early reader copy a long time ago thinking it might be a nice change. After picking it up for the 10th time, I finally started getting into it. The book follows a druggie from New York to Guatemala to San Francisco, providing a tiny bit of insight into him and the people he encounters. I would have liked more insight into his thoughts and/or the other characters. It was a superficial glance at someone wasting his life. ( )
  heike6 | Feb 4, 2013 |
  heike6 | Sep 5, 2012 |
  heike6 | Jul 5, 2012 |
  heike6 | Feb 3, 2012 |
  heike6 | Nov 27, 2011 |
...this novel emphasizes the desperation, loneliness and warmth that human connections can bring.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/periodicals/20100...
added by AngieWebber | editBroken Pencil, Sarah G. (Mar 21, 2011)

This American road novel is authentic enough that you'll swear you can smell the smoke of the thousand cigarettes lit within.

I had no good reason for being in New York.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,433,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible